Our House on Apartment Therapy!

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
casiep
Modern Socialite

Our House on Apartment Therapy!

Postby casiep » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Hunter's in class so he's not able to post so I figured I would. Very exciting!

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/sf/hous ... our-132391
Mid-century Finds and Recreations NEW IN THE SHOP - Handmade Modern Birdhouses

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:47 pm

looking good!

squeaky
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby squeaky » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:17 pm

Your house is beautiful!!! Nicely done.

jakabedy
Modern Master

Postby jakabedy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:47 pm

I follow your blog, so I know this has been a labor of love for both of you. I'm glad to see it will now be recognized by so many more folks!
1920s Bungalow Gal turned MCM Maven

My Blog: http://magiccitymodern.blogspot.com/

Van
Modern Master

Postby Van » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Awesome! A deserving house tour! No decoupage anywhere!

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:15 pm

Nice job folks and I particularly like the way you used the two-sided set-up with the Ikea units. Putting them on legs and having no drawers on living room side causes them to be "furniture" rather than kitchen cabinets.

I am also envious you have access to a DWR outlet.

PS Why is it we modernists seem to favor orange? We also have a lot in our house, including a powder-coated orange garage door.
scowsa

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:31 pm

I don't know about why, but if any of you find some orange bed sheets, let me know.

I also want to praise you here, although I have already, on several occasions around here complemented your home. It's an excellent example of restraint. Less is more. It is truly design and not "decorating"

WiscoUsonIan
Modern Socialite

Postby WiscoUsonIan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:33 am

Great job! It's always nice to be recognized for all the work you've done, plus have some nice images of your house published! congrats!
View my documentation blog:

dani
Modern Master

Postby dani » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:27 pm

I just LOVE you home :) I too seem to favor orange accents.... and do have orange bed sheets (a deep orange). I found them of all places Walmart. I just use the fitted because we have a white horizontally stitched quilt and a white down comforter, so just the little orange peeks through.

casiep
Modern Socialite

Postby casiep » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:06 pm

Thanks everyone! We had some orange sheets once but they were more of a terra cotta orange than an orange-orange. We got them from The Company Store.

Our front door was originally going to be orange but we decided to change it up and go with the yellow. I wasn't sure at first because I'm such a orange fan but in the end I'm so glad we did it. It really stands out.
Mid-century Finds and Recreations NEW IN THE SHOP - Handmade Modern Birdhouses

dani
Modern Master

Postby dani » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:45 am

modernmecca
Modern Socialite

Postby modernmecca » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:16 am

Your house looks amazing! You did a fantastic job! I am a huge fan.
Claudia Andrade-Desbiens
http://www.ModernMecca.com
Home Staging • Model Homes • Interior Branding
Los Angeles • Orange County • Palm Springs
http://twitter.com/ModernMecca
http://facebook.com/ModernMecca

Vespas
Modern Groupie

Postby Vespas » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:57 am

WOW! Your place is beautiful and I'm a huge fan of your decorating style and colors. I also have been catching glimpses of your progress on other sites.

We recently bought an Eichler in Santa Clara (yes, it really is an Eichler-Pomeroy West) and are in the process of filling it up with all of our mid century furniture.

Looking at your blog will hopefully keep us away from the thrift stores in the area. We tend to keep buying mid century "finds" from the local thrift stores and awesome MCM stores in SF.

Thanks for being such an inspiration!

clarksdaleplace
Modern Master

Postby clarksdaleplace » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:41 pm

Looks fantastic!
And yes modern types seem to prefer orange. The wife's favorite color and I use it in almost every painting I make!
Keep up the good work.
http://clarksdaleplace.blogspot.com/

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”