Whats on your counters?

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dani
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Whats on your counters?

Postby dani » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:31 am

Just wondering as we finish cleaning up the kitchen.... what's on your counters? We have been hard at work striping the 90's sponge wallpaper in our kitchen all weekend. We even decided to take out our backsplash that was embellished with southwest patterns and fish. We replaced the tile with a white rectangle, nothing fancy. As I was cleaning up all the mess of painting, and laying tile, I was wondering... what to leave on my counters? I always have comments from my father and husband, that it looks like no one lives here. I hate to have clutter on my counters, but what is a happy balance? I say, a coffee maker, knife block and paper towel holder are all I really need. SO..... just wondering.... What's on your counters?

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:53 am

I have a vintage kitchen aid stand mixer in yellow that matches the original appliances. (replaced my daughter's pink breast cancer awareness one) There's a very large Cuisinart toaster with a vintage shape. I have some stainless steel cylinders that hold often used utensils. I might suggest a fruit bowl. Maybe a stack of Bauer mixing bowls?

dani
Modern Master

Postby dani » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:45 pm

jakabedy
Modern Master

Postby jakabedy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Behind the range I have a stainless utensil caddy, stainless S&P shakers, and a dish I uses as a spoonrest. To the right I have a ca. 1915 A&C clock and a 1931 piece of Rookwood pottery. There is also presently a knife block, and I hate those knives (they came with DH) so I am trying to figure out a way to get rid of them.

1920s Bungalow Gal turned MCM Maven

My Blog: http://magiccitymodern.blogspot.com/

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:47 pm

essential items

gotta leave room for the dirty dishes :wink:

johnnyapollo
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby johnnyapollo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:05 am

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
Philip K. Dick

Desperately Seeking Modern
http://modernseeker.blogspot.com

dani
Modern Master

Postby dani » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:49 am

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:27 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”