My MCM Journey

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lonestardiva
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My MCM Journey

Postby Lonestardiva » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:54 pm

Hope you enjoy the last FOUR years of my life in the slideshow link at bottom of post!! LOL ;):)
The house was built in 1955 from husband to new wife and she said he gave her a "golden key". I've had it since 1989, but left in 1991 for Dallas. Returned 16 years later to damage from a HORDER, as well as age with no maintenance.
Well... I always wanted to redo this place back in '89 but was a homeschooling mom with a growing family and no money. Husband died in 1999 (intestate!) and after 7 years of probate.... it was MINE again. (Only.. I hadn't SEEN it! lol)
It was worth EVERY MINUTE. In the entire FOUR years.. I only hated it ONCE.. and that was just for... um... 45 seconds! ;)
ENJOY, new friends!! I'm so glad I've found you all and this site!
Cher

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/ ... =slideshow

dilettante
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby dilettante » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:12 pm

You were very brave to undertake that project. Congratulations!

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:06 pm

good job and welcome to LL.

don't dig photobucket, though. too buggy. you might consider using flickr.com, which is much better and nicer to look at.

classic form
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby classic form » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:34 am

WOW...I'll never cry in my beer again. You've done a fantastic job and makes my little projects look...little:)

BTW, I like and use photobucket and had no problems with your slideshow. I really like the before and after shots.

Perks

Postby Perks » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Impressive! Yes, you guys definitely had your work cut out for you. I applaud you for taking on the challenge. The results clearly speak for themselves.
Andy Perkins, Broker/Owner

hannah
Modern Socialite

Postby hannah » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Wow. Amazing transformation. I absolutely love that raised kitchen area. *all jealous and stuff* Lucky you! I would have SUCH a blast decorating that place! Great job!
It may not look like it, but at the molecular level I'm actually quite busy.

Lonestardiva
Modern Groupie

Postby Lonestardiva » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:28 pm

I'll blame my MCM love on my Mom and her often quoted

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”