FLW: Houses from 95 years ago

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dilettante
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

FLW: Houses from 95 years ago

Postby dilettante » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:21 am

The Milwaukee Journal recently ran an article about six small houses built in 1915-1916. These American System-Built Homes were designed by Wright. The aricle can be read at:

An image from the article is shown below.

They're now ninety-five years old and still look terrific to me.

JGropp
Special Secret Modern Agent

FLW Article-

Postby JGropp » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:37 pm

Many thanks for posting this good
FLW Article. Wife Patty and I were
travelling around North America in
1952, met Mr. Wright at Taliesens
West and then Spring Green. Saw
many of his projects inasmuch as
that was the prime purpose of our
5 month, 25,000 mile camping trip.
Jerry

Jerry Gropp Architect AIA PS

7620 SE 72nd St., Mercer Isl. WA
98040 (206)612-7367
eMail
JGropp2@AOL.com
http://jgropp2.googlepages.com/alterationsanadditions

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

I drove by

Postby modfan » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:05 pm

These on vacation a few years back, at that time the one story house at the end of the group was in the process of being restored, it was fenced off and pretty much 'stripped to the studs', it seems to be beautifully restored.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”