Space Saving Furniture

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
home_boy
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Space Saving Furniture

Postby home_boy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:29 am

OK, I know this probably belongs in "Modern Collectibles and Furniture", but it has as much to do with the modern home and the whole modern living sensibility.
I think sometimes we get so wrapped up in how cool a thing looks that we forget that how well a thing works is as much (if not more) of what great design is all about.

This is a gentle reminder:

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Slim and Gabby » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Yes, those really ARE well designed, and not just interesting looking.

Neat stuff!

I'm sure pretty spendy based on the amount of design and construction involved, but they seem pretty great.

Not that we're giving up our vintage obsession here anytime soon, but my sis in the NYC one bedroom would LOVE those!

Gabby
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:30 pm

very cool. reminds me of Neutra's camel table

I am exploring building similar multipurpose items for my garage.

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:52 pm

A lot of people forget that many of the top MCM architects designed freestanding furniture as well as built-ins for many of their homes.
Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:02 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”