Hortense Miller Garden and Home, Laguna Beach, CA

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
home_boy
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hortense Miller Garden and Home, Laguna Beach, CA

Postby home_boy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:02 pm

I just discovered this place online. The website is awful, but it gives you the information you need to visit.

I'm sure the gardens are wonderful, but take a look the house. I believe it's open to the public too.

I've never been here but I hope to go soon. I'll report back.

markjudep
Modern Master

Postby markjudep » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:48 am

Looks great. Thanks for posting.

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Slim and Gabby » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:16 pm

This is really beautiful, and I would very much like to go there.
Her personality and creativity shines through everything in and around the home. I am fortunate enough to have known one or two artists with unique dwellings back in the actual MCM period, and I am so pleased to see that her environment is being maintained. That looks like the labor of a lifetime.

This is very much in line with the MCM aesthetic that Slim and I share. Eclectic, creative, natural, and well, yes, likely a bit cluttered.
But this is so authentic and warm, versus a high-toned Architectural Digest home that is deliberately design-y.

It shows that she was creating and growing for her own pleasure, and it also shows that in the process she gave pleasure to others.

Thanks for putting something new on the bucket list.
Really, really neat!

Gabby
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”