New Website: OCModHomes.com

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stephen
Modern Guru

New Website: OCModHomes.com

Postby Stephen » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:09 pm

I've done a couple of quiet links already but I thought I would make an original post. As some of you may know, I've had an idea of actively mapping and keeping tabs on mid-century modern homes in Orange County, California.

I'm a real estate agent and I think these neighborhoods are very underserved. While I appreciate the plethora of beautiful 7-figure mod homes in SoCal, I really wanted to create a resource for homebuyers (and modern appreciators!) looking for budget-friendly housing options behind the Orange Curtain.

Adding a little bit to this site each week has been fun. Instead of waiting until it's perfect and complete, I wanted to open it up here for feedback. There are actually more than just a few great neighborhoods (many of them waiting to be discovered) in Orange County and even first-time homebuyers don't have to settle for plain stucco boxes.

Anyhow, I'd really appreciate your feedback.

Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

Perks
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby Perks » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:40 am

Nice job, Stephen!

Scary how similar that is to what I had been thinking of doing for the S.F. Valley... Obviously sites like this will take time to grow, as more and more of the details get filled in. But looks like you're off to a great start.
Andy Perkins, Broker/Owner

home_boy
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby home_boy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:03 am

Congratulations, Stephen, nicely done. I like the format you've chosen. It's clear and concise.

Only two concerns for me:

I like the logo, but the "OC Modhomes.com" part gets a bit lost against the graphic of the house. I think it's strong enough that it could be separated or even stand on it's own. I especially like the surfboard motif of the "OC".

The "Homes for Sale" tab in the horizontal navigation takes you away from the site. Even though it opens in a new tab, it disrupts the navigational flow. I wonder if wouldn't work better as a separate navigational element.

That's it. I think you've done a fine job. I think your new site will stand up well against the other regional Mid-mod real estate sites.

Bravissimo!

Staar
Modern Master

Postby Staar » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:07 am

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:16 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”