I need an idea landscape wise for my front porch...........

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Scott NC
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I need an idea landscape wise for my front porch...........

Postby Scott NC » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:13 am

and cheap.......photoshop guru's? It used to be a porch of all wood. I tore up the right half with plans to put something there. Well, it's going on 3 years, lol. and it still is an empty pit. The pick isn't the greatest, but imagine it's a 5 foot x 5 foot square pit. Dirt, all shade tree, rocks, mulch? The simpler the better.

FRaC
Modern Socialite

Postby FRaC » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:48 pm

i ripped out the flowers and chunky wood mulch and installed gravel, an aloe plant, and a big rock (behind the aloe):

i need to rip out that brick and do something different there.

this idea was blatantly stolen from an eichler house landscape from the atomic ranch book, page 143 ..

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:55 pm

I would look for an architectural style plant that would grow in a shaded area and something taller than FRaC's aloe as you have the wall as the backdrop.

Also it looks like you could direct one of those lights at it.

Something like this guy in the taller planter. It lived and survived in the porch of our last house.

The other picture in Mother's Tongue which grows well in the shade -- this is in our foyer -- and which you often see in modernist plantings.

scowsa

CapitalMod
Modern Master

Postby CapitalMod » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Scott NC
Modern Master

Postby Scott NC » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:54 pm

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:03 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”