My little one day project..........Clausen & Son, Silkeb

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Scott NC
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My little one day project..........Clausen & Son, Silkeb

Postby Scott NC » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Well, this thing was beat the "H" up when I saw it in our Salvation Army. I got it for $4.99! hahaha, funny stuff.
I mean board chippings everywhere, bottom frame broken off, practically white in color due to discoloration from no upkeep in 30+yrs. The doors were/are messed up.
They all slide, but particle board frays were going everywhere. The base(no legs) looked like it was dropped on it's corners a 100 times.
Essentially, it was barely worth saving. But I just went with an idea since it was a decent 71" long. And since i didn't really plan on reselling it. The first pic is what it's supposed to look like in pristine condition.
I took a couple of ideas from some other sideboards.....
I built a square dowel leg setup based on this..........

Then I painted the white door based of this(also because that slider door was messed up. I had to cut a 1/2" off each side to fix. Then I was only left with this size for a flip down)........

All for now. Sorry about the crap pics. Camera is screwed.

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:49 pm

alexforum
Modern Socialite

Postby alexforum » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:45 am

squeaky
Modern Socialite

Postby squeaky » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:06 am

That's amazing!

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:58 am

Wow...super DIY skills and way to just get in there and make something.
Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”