What to do about damaged B&B siding?

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Van
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What to do about damaged B&B siding?

Postby Van » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:42 am

I searched the board (and google) but didn't find anything...maybe I don't know what I'm searching for though.

We're in the process of painting our house and have stripped the paint down to the first layer (smooth). But we hit a problem when we got to the wall on the outside of the master bedroom. We couldn't strip the paint very well b/c the wood is damaged. Uneven plus large areas with gouges.

Three types:
Cat scratches

Tiger scratches

and Gouges

Some seem to have been filled with some sort of putty. The wood overall seems dry...like it baked in the sun too long or something.

So my question is--is there anything I can do to make it look better before painting it? Epoxy? Something similar? Sorry, I am a complete noob about these things. :oops: Or is it just something that needs to be replaced? The problem is we are in a mad race to finish because we are having our wedding at our house on April 30th! Thankfully, the only problem wood is this small section and the garage door (original). We knew the garage door was a mess but this surprised us. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Here's a pic so you can see the size of the area:
It's the part to the left of the chimney. (Pic is old--pre-landscaping)

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:07 pm

turboblown
Modern Master

Postby turboblown » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:32 pm

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:40 pm

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:08 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”