looking for 1" x 1" ceramic/porcelain tile blends

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

looking for 1" x 1" ceramic/porcelain tile blends

Postby happy modernists in MN » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:26 pm

I like pink toilets, pink kitchens, lambretta sx200's and bianchinas.

scowsa
Modern Guru

Re: looking for 1" x 1" ceramic/porcelain tile ble

Postby scowsa » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:26 pm

scowsa

redneckmodern
Modern Master

Postby redneckmodern » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:47 am

happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite

Unfortunately I don't want glass....

Postby happy modernists in MN » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:57 am

I wish modwalls had ceramic/porcelain tiles! I really don't want glass.
I saw the Daltile one, unfortunately they don't have the blue I need.

scowsa
Modern Guru

Re: looking for 1" x 1" ceramic/porcelain tile ble

Postby scowsa » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:01 am

scowsa

happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite

Postby happy modernists in MN » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:28 pm

that's actually a great idea. white 1 x 1's are a lot easier to find, and if I could find the right blue, I could totally make it the way I want to. thanks!
now to find more companies that have 1" ceramic tiles in light blue...

SleazyG
Modern Fan

Postby SleazyG » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:10 pm

I have to say the Brio glass tiles from ModWalls do not look like glass tiles at all to me. I have the Brio blend called "Windy City" in my tub surround. The tiles are opaque and the surface texture is matte and slightly pitted. The tiles are glass, but there must be a ton of air bubbles and imperfections in them because they look more like some kind of concrete product.

I would get some Brio samples from ModWalls before counting them out.

happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite

Postby happy modernists in MN » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:58 am

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Jack Burton
Modern Groupie

Postby Jack Burton » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:34 am

The thing I disliked about the modwalls tiles is some of their offerings are very thin and instead of being attached to mesh backing they are glued to paper on the front. I didn't use them but the use submitted pics look amazing. I don't think it's a quality issue. Just a little more difficult to work with the paper front.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”