Eichler Floorplan?

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

rudy1231
Modern Groupie

Eichler Floorplan?

Postby rudy1231 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Hello Everyone!

This Eichler is currently in escrow - I am not familiar with the floorplan which has the kitchen in the front of the house and a seperate wing with a family room and bedrooms - is anyone familiar with it?
Thanks!
John

[url][url][url]http://www.socalmls.com/CA/ORANGE/92865/homes-for-sale/825-E-Ferndale-Ave-57764989/popup[/url][/url][/url][/img]

blinkbeforebeauty
Modern Socialite

Postby blinkbeforebeauty » Mon May 23, 2011 9:17 pm

Hi John -
The house you that you provided the link for is actually in the Eichler tract that I live in. I was told that this home was the contractors house / office during construction of the fairmeadows tract. It was modified from other similar models in that the contractor didn't build it with an atrium and the plan layout is a bit different from the other 5 typical models in this tract.

I actually visited the house and it appears that there might have been some remodeling done in the bedroom wing as well. So there are a few unique things with this one. Honestly it isn't my favorite model...but someone out there will probably love it. Hope this helps.
cheers

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue May 24, 2011 6:22 am

I have seen that plan in No Cal. I think I have some images of an original one. I'll have a look

rudy1231
Modern Groupie

Postby rudy1231 » Tue May 24, 2011 7:11 am

Thank you both - I'd love to see if you have photos of the house in Nor Cal if you don't mind.

Blink, it's not my favorite either and I heard the same story from the listing agent. But the price couldn't be beat so-looks like we're going to be neighbors if the stars and the banks all play nicely!
Best
John

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

I think

Postby modfan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:55 pm

There's this plan in the Sacramento tract.

Mod' i-fy
Modern Master

Postby Mod' i-fy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:46 am

This same floor plan is in Oakland as well but with the atrium. Its actually very wierd seeing this floor plan without it..
"Where words cease modern speaks" - Mod' i-fy

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:12 pm

Mod' i-fy wrote:This same floor plan is in Oakland as well but with the atrium. Its actually very wierd seeing this floor plan without it..

then that wouldn't be the same floor plan. there are 100s of Eichler plans

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”