MCM Homes in Dallas/Fort Worth

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mad_about_mcm
Modern Groupie

MCM Homes in Dallas/Fort Worth

Postby mad_about_mcm » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi All. I'm new to this forum and wanted to share my blog. It's named "Mad About Mid-Century Modern" and lists the majority of the MCM homes that are currently for sale in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I'm not an agent; just someone who loves MCM architecture likes to keep up with what is on the market. Here is the address:

I've been looking for another MCM for some time now and became frustrated that there wasn't a single source to browse MCM listings around here. Since I was already trolling the listings, I thought I'd go ahead and start posting the ones I found.

I hope the site helps someone find a home they love.

Michael
madaboutmcm.blogspot.com

A non-agent site listing MCM homes for sale in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

clarksdaleplace
Modern Master

Postby clarksdaleplace » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Very cool! Looks great -keep up the good work and keep me updated on, well, updates!!
http://www.clarksdaleplace.blogspot.com

~edited by futuragirl on 8-17-11 to cool potential flame

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby egads » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Oh Clarksdaleplace, I bet mad_about_mcm already knows that when he has updates to his site he will bump this thread. It's all the rage here on the internet. Everybody's doing it.

Boy Michael, Royal Springs Drive is a knockout! Updated without a vessel sink in sight! Very pure. Clarksdale, notice the paneling.

Also Michael, you can add links to individual listings in the MCM for sale section. Just try to follow protocol the webmistress asks: City and State first in the thread title. There are agents posting links there all the time.

mad_about_mcm
Modern Groupie

Postby mad_about_mcm » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:43 am

Royal Springs is definitely sexy, egads. Your comment about vessel sinks made me laugh out loud. I really like the house on Norway Road also.

I'm not sure I follow you when you say "when he updates to his site he will bump this thread" but I suppose I'll found out when it happens. :)

egads, with regards to posting in the MCM for sale section, I think I'll leave that to the agents, but I appreciate the suggestion.
madaboutmcm.blogspot.com

A non-agent site listing MCM homes for sale in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:41 am

Bumping a thread is when you post in it and make it active again.* In other words, in a couple of months (or whenever) you have some new listings to share on your site, you would make a new post in this thread to tell us all that there are updates. Newbies to this internet thing sometimes start new threads on the exact same subject over and over.

*on internet message boards you sometimes see posts that only say: TTT
That means the poster is wanting to place the thread at the top of the list. TTT means To The Top. That is often done by a poster that has a burning question or something for sale and finds the thread they made down on the bottom of the list or even now moved to the second page.

Yes Norway road is nice, but Royal Springs is not only sexy, but affordable. But I know nothing about Dallas neighborhoods and as we know, real estate values are all about location.

Jack Burton
Modern Groupie

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:39 am

This house at first glance didn't look like much when I drove by. At night when the inside fixtures are on you can really see the kitchen light fixture. It's got great landscaping and the fence is awesome. It's also very private from the front. With the big downside being the carport exposed to the street. There are several MCM homes in this neighborhood.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”