Survey on Midcentury Modern Buying Decisions

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
scandimod
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Survey on Midcentury Modern Buying Decisions

Postby scandimod » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:37 pm

Hi all,

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted, but the restoration efforts to my post and beam rancher are ongoing. The past year has been dominated by remediating the dirt crawlspace, a rather horrible and neck-knee-backbreaking job that should have been done 20 years ago. Hauling, leveling and compacting 10 yards of sand and gravel, bucket by bucket, in a 1,000 square foot area about 3-4 feet high was not fun. Then we laid a waterproof membrane and insulated the foundation. The before and after is dramatic in terms of house air quality and crawlspace appearance and usability.

I’m posting a link to a survey I have created on SurveyMonkey. I recently enrolled in a college self-employment program to pursue my goal of opening an online business specializing in midcentury modern housewares, collectibles and décor. The program requires that I conduct market research, of which this survey is part, to assess the overall viability of the proposed business venture. The survey responses will provide insight into the buying habits and preferences of purchasers of midcentury housewares and decor. The LL forum seemed like a logical place to start, since this isn’t the kind of survey I can take to the nearest shopping mall …

The survey is short, only 10 questions, and does not request personal information:

<a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2LSYPJ7">Click here to take survey</a>

I’ve cleared this with the LL webmistress (thanks, M-M!) and would be very grateful for input that fellow LL posters can provide to this survey -- preferably within the next week if possible, as the program I’m enrolled in has a very compressed timetable.

Thanks in advance,
scandimod/Jennifer from Vancouver
Last edited by scandimod on Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

scandimod
Modern Socialite

Postby scandimod » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Sorry but can anyone explain why the link doesn't work - this was the HTML code provided by the website

sky
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Postby sky » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:25 pm

Jennifer, the board doesn't permit you to use html in your posts. (In the wrong hands, html could be used for evil instead of good!) Instead, you can use BB code. (When you open a text box for reply or new post, there should be a link with an explanation of BB code on the left ... below all the smilies.)

But you don't need any code at all to make a link. Just post the address and it will turn into a link when viewed. So for example, this is the link you were trying to post:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2LSYPJ7

But here's the same thing using BB Code:

And note to everyone, I'm not vouching for the link and didn't click it myself - although I'm sure surveymonkey is legit. The problem with the second method above, is that you don't know what it is - at least not visually. You can check the page source or inspect the element, but it seems to me that it's more transparent if you just post the actual link - as in the first case above.

scandimod
Modern Socialite

Postby scandimod » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:54 pm

Thank you for that clarification, sky.

Actually I posted the wrong link. Somehow in surveymonkey I created 2 links, with and without an introductory section to the survey.

This link contains the introductory text, which describes the purpose of the survey and contains my email address and links to surveymonkey's privacy policy and security statement:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2VYKVQM

Mod' i-fy
Modern Master

Postby Mod' i-fy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:34 am

Survey completed. :wink:
"Where words cease modern speaks" - Mod' i-fy

scandimod
Modern Socialite

Postby scandimod » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Thanks to Modify and all who have replied so far!

I'm at about the halfway mark for the 50 responses suggested by the program to get a representative sample. The survey is only 10 questions, no personal info requested, and takes about 5 minutes to complete, so it would be great to get more responses over the next few days if possible.

And I'm looking forward to the Vancouver midcentury modern house tour tomorrow.

cheers
scandimod

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”