An aspiring modernist finally gets her MCM at age 84

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
scowsa
Modern Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

An aspiring modernist finally gets her MCM at age 84

Postby scowsa » Thu May 10, 2012 3:14 pm

A nice NYT article about a woman who ends up living in house designed and built by Allyn Morris, a modernist little known beyond local (Los Angeles) architectural circles. He designed the 1,025-square-foot house as his workplace and bachelor pad. But before its completion in 1958 he had married, and in 1962, his son, Howard, was born, prompting the family to move.

Includes more photos.

scowsa

pinetree
Modern Socialite

Postby pinetree » Fri May 11, 2012 9:25 am

Great story; thanks for posting!
The Carter Sparks Archive
http://cartersparks.org

Mod' i-fy
Modern Master

Postby Mod' i-fy » Tue May 15, 2012 8:13 pm

"Where words cease modern speaks" - Mod' i-fy

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”