Cory Buckner's MHA home (nice pics!)...

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Cory Buckner's MHA home (nice pics!)...

Postby robbhouston » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:16 am

Hello again,

There's a great piece on Santa Monica based architect, author and activist Cory Buckner over at dwell.com...

http://www.dwell.com/articles/Mutual-Fulfilment.html

Cory lives in an A. Quincy Jones designed home that was part of the Mutual Housing Association project (1946-1950), better known now as Crestwood Hills. Check out the gallery of her place. It's some of the most vivid contemporary images I've seen of anything from the MHA. Really shows just how futuristic the designs were. As has been mentioned here before, that project was some of Jones' most inspired work.

Enjoy!

PS: Just noticed some of the comments date back to 2009. Sorry if this is old news. Sometimes I accidentally find older articles while searching for pics, etc...and they seem new and exciting (to me).

--Robb
http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:55 pm

yep, inspiring. I got a lot of inspiration from these pics when it was published a few years ago. pretty much my interior color scheme, sans the green. search flickr and you find more

Mod' i-fy
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mod' i-fy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:43 pm

"Where words cease modern speaks" - Mod' i-fy

robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby robbhouston » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:05 am

http://www.nashvillemodern.com

A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”