Hanging On A Hill: The Hillside Residence

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MarcoMidCenturyHome
Modern Fan

Hanging On A Hill: The Hillside Residence

Postby MarcoMidCenturyHome » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:43 am

The Hillside House was designed in 1962 by the architect Raul Garduno in Los Angeles.
Amazing architecture and interiors.
Have a tour on Mid Century Home.
www.mid-century-home.com/mid-century-mo ... se-garduno
My name is Marco and I'm crazy about mid century modern design and modernist architecture.

I started my blog www.mid-century-home.com to learn more about mid century, share what I learnt and discover even more thanks to other enthusiasts like me! :D

allen
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

garduno

Postby allen » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:38 am

I like it and ALL Garduno designed houses. This ones in Silver Lake.
Others in Glendale, Brentwood and Corona that I've seen.
I'm told in later years Garduno moved to Mexico and was doing
work down there. Someone should do a book of his work: lots
of expressive hillside designs.

MarcoMidCenturyHome
Modern Fan

Postby MarcoMidCenturyHome » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:43 am

I perfectly agree Allen! I would be the first one to buy the book...
My name is Marco and I'm crazy about mid century modern design and modernist architecture.

I started my blog www.mid-century-home.com to learn more about mid century, share what I learnt and discover even more thanks to other enthusiasts like me! :D

JAB
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby JAB » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 pm

allen, Corona? Do you have an address?

jonu
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Location: Franklin Hills (Los Feliz), LA CA and Palm Springs CA

Postby jonu » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:50 pm

allen
Modern Master

garduno

Postby allen » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:55 pm

JAB
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby JAB » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:48 am

MarcoMidCenturyHome
Modern Fan

Postby MarcoMidCenturyHome » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:44 am

allen
Modern Master

dorman

Postby allen » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:39 pm

Yes, you are very correct. The Yorba Linda house was LA Times HOME MAGAZINE OF THE YEAR for 1962 Designed by Richard Dorman and
Arthur Elrod. The pool, I seem to remember, was designed & built by Anthony Pools. LA Times had big feature articals on the building of that house June 24, 1962 ect. ect,

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”