Floor transitions

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
markjudep
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Floor transitions

Postby markjudep » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Anyone know of any decent transition strips? Home Depot seems to only carry crap. It would be a transition strip from cork to black vinyl Armstrong.

Thanks.

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Is there a thickness difference? I'd start Googling. I found this for instance entering flooring transition strips:

http://www.installerstore.com/Johnsonit ... trips.html

When I laid my VCT floor I went to a local flooring installer supply to get the mastic and some really high quality knee pads. I also found some rubber strips for a client to mount to the sides of his garage to help with door dings. It would be best for you to find the perfect thing online and then either order it or find local stock. What you are looking for is used in commercial projects. Home Depot just does not do that. Actually a store in an urban setting may stock different stuff than suburbia. Los Angeles has (had?) a downtown store open all night. It was full of tweakers, set construction guys and people working overnight in high rise buildings. Quite an experience.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”