Virgin 1954 MCM resurrected as Franken-house

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

Dan O.
Modern Master

Virgin 1954 MCM resurrected as Franken-house

Postby Dan O. » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:52 am

A few years ago while driving through a somewhat fancy, secluded part of Pasadena I came upon a fenced off but apparently untouched MCM, sitting empty; I hoped for the best. Up until recently I managed to forget about that lovely example of architecture but curiosity managed to get the best of me and I just had to look it up. Honestly, I don't set out to post awful things here....maybe I'm just seeking some reassurance that I'm not the last person on earth whose stomach is turned by this sort of thing:

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Pasadena/670-A ... me/7010737

A prime example of how a bottomless bucket of money may not always be the best thing for an MCM.

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:38 am

No you are not alone. It happens in a more limited way in my neighborhood of Cliff Mays. Too much Dwell, not enough Atomic Ranch. The money make the finishes better. You should see what happens when Home Depot is the primary source.....

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”