I finally own one! (I think)

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

atomicranchinlouisville
Modern Groupie

I finally own one! (I think)

Postby atomicranchinlouisville » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:09 pm

Long time lurker here whose dream of owning a mid-century ranch has come true! I don't know if my house counts, but I recently bought a 1959 1150 sq foot ranch house in Louisville, Kentucky. It was reported on the MLS to have been the first Donald Scholz home in Louisville, but I don't know of a way to confirm this. I do know, I'm very excited about owning my own mid-century ranch! I'm keeping a blog with photos if anyone is interested:

[url]atomicranchinlouisville.tumblr.com[/url]

Feel free to give me any feedback, it is welcome! Thanks!

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:17 pm

Congrats. Nice lookin' ! Love the brick, and the neat-o garage glazing. As this is not a typical MCM ranch, some updated graphics would be appropriate: modern metal house numerals, perhaps attached to the brick near the entrance beneath the first window ?

Of course the paneled entrance doors and surrounding leaded glass are later additions. A nice plain hardwood or painted door set, with simple hardware matching the numerals, would be sweet; a flush (plain) garage door would be nice, too.

Keep us notified as you make yourselves at home. Thanks for the peek !

SDR

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:40 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”