Modern Home or $$$

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

khummer
Modern Master

Modern Home or $$$

Postby khummer » Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:14 am

This is a pie in the sky question:

But which would you take: your favorite Mid Century modern dream home with a view or a million dollars?

Just curious to see what our viewers would say...

kh

JAB
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby JAB » Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:56 am

That's a no brainer. The home which would have been the first order of business with the million dollars anyways.

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:26 am

Actually, I'd take the money and then hire our friends Frank and Ravi or Marmol Radziner and Assoc. to design a brand new case study style house and make sure there was enough money let over to throw a huge housewarming party!!!

khummer
Modern Master

Modern Home or $$$

Postby khummer » Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:39 pm

Two points of views. Interesting...

Any more points of view?

Nathan
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Nathan » Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:32 am

Personally, I think views are overrated, since you can have some scenics paint anything you want on a big canvas outside your window...in fact, you can have them paint a slew of 'em, and change them every day! Better yet, have them build a gigantic model of the City of The Future outside your window...

...I say this because I really want to live in my late cousin's '48 Neutra, and it hasn't got a view.

Also, not to be crass, but what can you do with a million dollars? That would barely pay the upkeep on a first rate view home...the Lovell Health and the Ennis house spring to mind (sorry, but I'm a tad pre-Mid Century sometimes)...I say take the Ennis house, sell it, and buy Drake's Presley house AND Schindler's Erlik house AND Harris' English house. Woo!

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”