Allyn Morris house in Eagle Rock

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

usatin
Modern Groupie

Allyn Morris house in Eagle Rock

Postby usatin » Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:51 am

The Allyn Morris house in Eagle Rock sold in October for $545,000 in its "as is" condition. Bringing it up to code for the sale did not compromise its design at all.

Discovered deep in an unused closet was a complete set of the construction floor plans with 1956 -1959 dates, including the original permits/inspections. The new owners plan to keep its architectural integrity intact. Morris is still alive and willing to work with the owners.

For those who have commented on this house, the inspector and the chimney sweep declared that the cracks in the fireplace bricks are cosmetic only--not structural.

So, another Modern house has been saved! :D

jeffgent
Modern Socialite

Morris House

Postby jeffgent » Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:18 pm

I'm so glad that the Morris house found the right owner! However, my parnter and I were in escrow on that house and the damage to the chimney was more than cosmetic! We had an excellent inspector who pointed out how the chimney and fireplace had begun to lean into the livingroom. I wonder if the new owner were given copies of our inspection report? Hum.....?
Anyway, it's an amazing house and will be a showplace when the restoration is complete. I'd love to see it again when the work is complete!

Formzero
Modern Groupie

ALLYN MORRIS Still alive?

Postby Formzero » Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:15 am

Hi there.. Anyone know the whereabouts of Allyn Morris? Is he still around? Last time I saw him was many years ago at his LA house.

thanks

eric
Form Zero Books
811 Traction Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90013
213-620-1920

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”