New MCM Construction.. Possible??

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

Chimay
Special Secret Modern Agent
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Coastal Commission

Postby Chimay » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:18 am

fuegos100
Modern Fan

modern build

Postby fuegos100 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:00 pm

the LV can be buit on the cheap. I think these folks built theres for under $100k (exclusive of land) but that included permits and septic etc. now they did much of the work themselves on weekends and called in favors from friends etc.

http://rocioromero.com/testimonials.htm

and there appears to be a builder in Dallas that is stamping out a community of MCM homes.

http://www.kesslerwoodscourt.com/

and I've found several modernist builders in Austin also

paul schuster

DamonBoost
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DamonBoost » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:51 pm

::damon::

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:44 am

DamonBoost
Modern Fan

Postby DamonBoost » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:04 pm

::damon::

fuegos100
Modern Fan

ARKANSAS?

Postby fuegos100 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:07 pm

I'd not worry too much a/b resale in ar. just b/c you don't see that much moder there does not necessarily indicate that there aren't folks there who would loveto live in such a home. and when given the option to acquire something special and out of the norm, people will often pay more. so it might not be for most people there, but you aren't alone.

I went to school in jonesboro. but I left and didn't look back.

paul schuster

mtwall
Modern Master

Postby mtwall » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:01 pm

Midlife Modern
Modern Socialite

stupid window coverings

Postby Midlife Modern » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:15 am

sid
Modern Master

Postby sid » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:33 am

SID

MISSING my long and straight beams, stretching from the outside and piercing through the interior and back out again; seeing it all in one glance! WOW, it was gorgeous!

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:33 am

Any gay-owned business (I'm just hypothesizing, here, as I have no facts on the case mentioned) which discriminated against "straight" potential clientelle would have to be characterized as "suicidal." Fortunately, I have found this behavior to be extremely rare.

Minorities of every stripe have it bad enough without being accused of "reverse discrimination," by innuendo or otherwise.

On the other hand, gays HAVE been known to discriminate between those with admirable aesthetic acuity and those without !

I would never excuse bias-by-stereotype of any sort, whether coming from the majority or from the minority.

SDR
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

sid
Modern Master

Postby sid » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:25 am

OK. Let's not call a scenario like this reverse-discrimination. Just like a rose by any other name is just a rose, so too is discrimination just that; discrimination.

I too would think that this sort of thing would be suicidal. However, Palm Springs is now predominantly gay; therefore, it may be safe for these home builders to conduct business in the good ole boy fashion.

I was just a bit disturbed when I heard about this...

Let's be thankful for the: Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO) act adopted 37 years ago; this month.

Peace out SDR - luv ya man!
SID

MISSING my long and straight beams, stretching from the outside and piercing through the interior and back out again; seeing it all in one glance! WOW, it was gorgeous!

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:53 am

sid
Modern Master

Postby sid » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:41 am

SID

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:45 am

sid
Modern Master

Postby sid » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:02 pm

SID

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:07 pm

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

I think 'hard' spirits

Postby modfan » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:51 pm

sid
Modern Master

Postby sid » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:39 pm

Whataya think of the loafers...?
SID

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:53 pm

I have some that look like that. They have the little tassles too.

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:34 pm

Chimay

Fashion Tip #42

Postby Chimay » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:06 pm

Men's socks should ALWAYS match the color of the trousers (and NOT the shoes OR the shirt). So unless Sid's wearing white pants (or shorts), he should go change those socks!

sid
Modern Master

Postby sid » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:17 pm

I thought we were all a little nerdy here? :roll:
SID

Chimay

Nerdy?

Postby Chimay » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:26 pm

Speak for yourself! ;-)

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:29 pm

Glad to get the straight poop, Chimay. Sounds good to me. Just for the record, I wear black jeans, so maybe I pass. . .

But a man's allowed to flaunt his peculiarities in his own home, perhaps? Is that you, in your new living room, Sid? Will your girlfriend answer the door when the take-out arrives? Or should we get F-girl after you with her Photoshop Coloring Gun?

Bender :cheers: :cheers:

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:45 pm

I believe that in fashion, just like in architecture, that you should be allowed to break the rules sometimes for a little individuality.

Speaking of which, I am looking outdoors right now at my neighbor mowing his lawn while wearing shorts, white sneakers, and black socks.

Now there is some individuality!

sid
Modern Master

Postby sid » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:54 pm

I think I would prefer to see his wife in Daisy Dukes!!! :P
SID

sid
Modern Master

Postby sid » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:00 pm

You know what's funny about this... I'm wearing white socks as I'm writing to you. That along with my gray Van's slip-ons with pink trim, paper cloth & denim denim jeans and this old t-shirt, I'm looking pretty dorky right about now.

The cool thing is ... that I can pull it off!!!

Actually SDR, I cook for her most nights... But, yes she jumps when the doorbell rings; as instructed.

:pizza:
Last edited by sid on Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SID

Chimay

Did I stumble into a "What Not to Wear" message fo

Postby Chimay » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:06 pm

I'm at work and therefore looking quite "Republican" at the moment, for the record (light blue oxford polo shirt, dark brown dress pants, dark brown socks, matching cordovan leather belt and capped dress shoes). A real striking vision, I'm sure. How did we stray so far off topic, again?

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:21 pm

Oh, we're just vamping until somebody comes along with the perfect MCM home: cheap, inflatable, requires no site prep, and you can take it home from. . .Home Depot!

Bender :d: :d: la la la :d: :d: i can't HEAR you :d: :d: la la la

sid
Modern Master

Postby sid » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:39 pm

SID

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”