IKEA - mixed feelings

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

johnnyapollo
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby johnnyapollo » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:57 pm

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
Philip K. Dick

Desperately Seeking Modern
http://modernseeker.blogspot.com

Ann Archy
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ikea - Mixed Feelings

Postby Ann Archy » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:44 am

I ordered 2 chairs from Bo Concept/Scottsdale. They had to be ordered from and made in Denmark, then shipped to New York, then to Scottsdale, then to me.... 6 months, start to finish. And not once did anyone contact me with updates regarding the continued delays. I had to call constantly, only to be told they didn't know anything but would call me back another day -- which they never did. All-in-all, great chairs, but pretty lousy service. I'd order from them again, but "forewarned is forearmed": Plan to sit on the floor for about 1/2 year.

sid
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sid » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:18 pm

SID

MISSING my long and straight beams, stretching from the outside and piercing through the interior and back out again; seeing it all in one glance! WOW, it was gorgeous!

Connie
Modern Master

Re: Ikea - Mixed Feelings

Postby Connie » Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:58 am

Chimay
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Chimay » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:15 am

BoConcept is marketed under several different names here in the states, including Club 8. We have a chair from them (See photo below), which we love. Very good quality and very comfortable. But I concur with Ann Archy's assessment that service is VERY slow, and they don't really send you updates. It took us about 3 months to get our chair from the time we ordered it.

Friends don't let friends live in McMansions
House pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/88017382@N ... 387250721/

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:23 am

Thare have been many interesting and informative anecdotes about communication and delivery issues with various vendors of MCM
furniture, over at [ahem] DesignAddict, including conspicuous successes and failures, both. . .one international vendor was so incensed
at being "outed" for [alleged] failure to deliver or refund, that they threatened to sue the owners of the site, who felt obliged to protect
themselves by deleting the portions of the thread which contained said criticism.

Following that, some well-meaning (?) readers heaped coals upon the heads of said owners, for "caving in" to said vendors. The owners
then felt obliged to "defend" their action. All very sad.

SDR
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

Ann Archy
Modern Socialite

Postby Ann Archy » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:11 pm

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:47 pm

"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

Ann Archy
Modern Socialite

Postby Ann Archy » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:49 pm

Never shushed; merely slapped around a bit.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”