Bunker Hill Tower condos

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Skypad
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bunker Hill Tower condos

Postby Skypad » Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:09 am

Does anypne out there know where I can learn more about the history of the Bunker Hill Tower condominiumns at 800 W. 1st Street in downtown LA.? They have wonderful panoramic city views and have a mid-century feel about them. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

scottkaycee
Modern Master

Bunker Hill Towers

Postby scottkaycee » Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:46 am

If theses are the concrete grey buildings built over the tunnel I believe they were designed by Robert Alexander. He was at one time during the 50's-60's the partner of Richard Neutra dealing with non-residential commissions. They parted when neutra's Silverlake office kept doing the occasional office building in violation of their seperation agreement.

Skypad
Modern Fan

Postby Skypad » Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:40 am

They are by the tunnel - right off Flower and First. There is one very tall bldg (32 stories) which is the condo bldg. There are 2 others south of it that are about 15 stories which are apartments. Do you have any idea where I might get more information about them?

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”