retro shower curtain?

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

retro shower curtain?

Postby Joe » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:47 pm

synthetic space
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby synthetic space » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:54 am

Mod Diva
Modern Socialite

Postby Mod Diva » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:28 am

Last edited by Mod Diva on Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnnyapollo
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby johnnyapollo » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:50 am

I dig the Panton curtain on eBay (link above).

-- John

CapitalMod
Modern Master

Postby CapitalMod » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:33 am

I have seen lots of Panton designs at Urban Outfitters.

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:47 pm

If the dominant graphic objects in the room are the vintage pinups (love that!), maybe a plain heavy clear (translucent?) vinyl? I use the translucent vinyl "liner" that is widely available; it comes folded so ends up with a grid of undisciplined fold lines for most of the life of the curtain, unfortunately. (Would do for temporary; very cheap at department store/hardware store.)

Perhaps a VERY well-stocked fabric warehouse store will have something on a roll, that you could cut and add grommets (available at hardware store, with application "pliers")? You'd need a piece perhaps 62 x 66 "? Hmm. . .

No Mistlite shower doors?

Bender takes shower in vodka/acetone mix -- invigorating!
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:04 pm

you nailed it SDR!

That's what I am doing.

Mistlite shower doors would be cool, but the wife says a shower curtain is easier to clean.

Thanks for all the links, people.

rambling
Modern Socialite

Postby rambling » Thu May 26, 2005 9:27 am

scottkaycee
Modern Master

Postby scottkaycee » Thu May 26, 2005 10:18 am

At the risk of going too downscale I recommend Target, they have lots of mod shower curtains right now, many of them transparent, we bought a cool transparent shower curtain in bold retro colors with the Mexican Loteria design on it actually at Wal-Mart, it works in a folk art sort of way. And at Mervyn's we picked up a clear curtain with orange, fuchsia, chartreuse, and blue dots.

paulsomm
Modern Socialite

IKEA

Postby paulsomm » Fri May 27, 2005 5:31 am

IKEA has one with siprograph/starburst patterns. The colors are blue/gold/white on a translucent vynal. So cool we bought 8. Like 7 dollars apeice.

Paul

Mod Diva
Modern Socialite

Postby Mod Diva » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:30 pm

"The wife and I are going Hollywood glamour with some sexy photos of bombshell pinups from the '50s on what wall space we have in our guest bath. "
Hey there-
Don't know if you got that bathroom done but I thought since you had somewhat of a theme.. I thought you should check out this seller on E-bay. seller :QUEEN_BEE_CREATIONS
She has some very kitschy chalkware wall plaques that were shaped like little Vargas pinups. Enjoy!
Mod Diva

luke_trash
Modern Master

Postby luke_trash » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:14 am

Joe, do you live alone? If I was a single male again, I'd have this shower curtain:

http://www.mcphee.com/bigindex/current/11132.html
old beats new

roxy500
Modern Master

Postby roxy500 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:15 am

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:57 am

sid
Modern Master

Postby sid » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:49 am

SID

MISSING my long and straight beams, stretching from the outside and piercing through the interior and back out again; seeing it all in one glance! WOW, it was gorgeous!

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”