Looking for experienced modern architect/contractor/builder

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
greenbot
Modern Fan

Looking for experienced modern architect/contractor/builder

Postby greenbot » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:25 pm

I've been tackling the restoration of a beautiful Thornton Abell house in lower Bel Air circa '58 that suffered a nasty late 70's 'French-country-fication'...(nice new word). Irony is that Thornton himself was commisioned for the redo. Anyway, many original aspects remain including a huge 4 story waterfall worked into the extensive landscaping.

Now that so much is going on (i.e.: major remodels of pool, guesthouse, pool cabana, master suite, living room, kitchen etc. I'm officially in over my head and need a designer/contractor with solid contacts that 'get' modern, and that can help solidify things into an elegant modern cohesive restoration. I need someone that's experienced but not charging arms and legs. Most importantly I need an experienced on site manager to oversee the various aspects of work being completed and help locate great looking and affordable vendors of steam showers, bed and bath fixtures, lighting, closets, cement resurfing, landscaping etc.

How’s that for a tall order.........and I want my oompa loompa NOW!

Any interested parties or referrals?

-Ted

oldbroadway@earthlink.net
Last edited by greenbot on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

60000MPH
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Interested

Postby 60000MPH » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:03 am

I am a trained Architect and Construction Manager. Also spent years with modern designers creating furniture and interiors in NYC. Have many solid contacts here in LA. Would be interested in showing you some of the work from people I know. I can also do Supervising Work onsite. I would very much like to see the project. My name is Jason Carpenter and I live in the Pacific Palisades which is relatively close.

Even if you have hired people I would still like to meet and see about temp and part-time work helping with the project. I am also a Carpenter and have done years of high end painting and drywalling and wet plastering and skim coating and rough and finish carpentry and so on. Have also worked as assistant to GCs.

I graduated from Pratt Institutes Arch program with a 3.8 and studied Construction Management and Structural and Systems Engineering as well.

Thank you for your consideration,

JAson Carpenter
1010 Kagawa st
Pacific Palisades CA 90272
310.487.1669 mobile line

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”