Doorbell-Intercom Remote Entry System?

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Doorbell-Intercom Remote Entry System?

Postby robbhouston » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:53 am

Hey all,

I've been researching doorbell/intercom, remote "buzz in" style entry systems. Looking for an affordable integrated system that would provide a single outdoor intercom panel with doorbell and talk-back buttons, the magnetic door release mechanism for the front door, plus an indoor panel with talk-back and unlock-the-door buttons...all as a single packaged system.

Viking makes many systems, but their simplest systems require you to use your phone to talk to the person at your door (with all the necessary components needed to make it functional sold separately). I suppose the advantage there is you can answer the door from anywhere in your house. However, I'd still like to find an integrated system (to at least compare to the Viking). The integrated systems Viking provides get into multi-unit apartment building type systems. More power than I'd need, and probably more expensive than I want to pay.

If anyone has a line on someone other than Viking that makes such a system, I'd appreciate any info.

Thanks!

--Robb

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I think

Postby modfan » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:17 am

a lot of em are going the route of using your phone to answer the door-hope you find a system that doesn't require that. I live in a gated complex that has the phone enabled system and at times it can be annoying, as unless you have caller id, you can't differentiate between phone calls and 'gate calls'.

robbhouston

Postby robbhouston » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:29 am

modfanatic
Modern Fan

Postby modfanatic » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:39 pm

Check out Aiphone for a complete line of modern door entry/ intercom systems at:

http://www.aiphone.com/Product_Pages/Pr ... System.htm

Connie
Modern Master

Postby Connie » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:50 pm

robbhouston

Postby robbhouston » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:32 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”