Corner window framing...

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mlo
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Corner window framing...

Postby mlo » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:29 pm

Is the corner post on this window a load bearing point? My thoughts are it is, and the two headers over both sides are meeting over the window.

dentedvw
Modern Socialite

Postby dentedvw » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:42 pm

I can only give you what I think you said you thought you wanted.

Jamal
Modern Socialite

Postby Jamal » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:09 am

everytime i see a window like that i think that would be cool as a mitred window. they are SO cool. i know, you have to design the header accordingly and the insulation leaves a bit to be desired, but hey - just about everyone on this board lives in a warm (ok - warmer than michigan) climate!

mlo
Modern Socialite

Postby mlo » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:06 pm

I have not been on the inside so not sure on the finish look. I would like to see the soffit look like wood though.

I sure do like the looks of a corner window. I keep thinking about the amount of light it would let in!

FrancoV
Modern Groupie

Postby FrancoV » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:36 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”