Original 1950s Youngstown kitchen

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DoofusDan
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Original 1950s Youngstown kitchen

Postby DoofusDan » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:25 pm

I have a 1950s Youngstown kitchen in showroom condition...seriously, its perfect! the previous owner of my home was an autobody repairman and painter and he kept the cabinets pristine.

They have original hardware and the Youngstown motif below the sink. There are 11 cabinets in all, top and bottom, and a 1950s nook or booth with a sliding table.

Pics

http://home.vreo.com/image.aspx?id=1085 ... mage/pjpeg

http://home.vreo.com/image.aspx?id=1086 ... mage/pjpeg

Is there a market for these types of kitchen...I like it but the wife wants a new one. What do they sell for?

spinsLPs
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby spinsLPs » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:08 pm

I hate to say it, but I would get rid of the wife. :wink:

tikiyaki
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby tikiyaki » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:43 pm

VinnyVegas
Modern Fan

Postby VinnyVegas » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:47 pm

I have half an original Youngstown kitchen, and could use some bottom cabinets (trying to complete one leg of a U-shaped pattern)--I couldn't spend much money, but let me know if you haven't found a buyer for the whole thing)

annie
Modern Fan

Postby annie » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:11 pm

Your kitchen is gorgeous! That's my dream kitchen right there.

I have about half a Youngstown kitchen and most of it is in bad shape. I might be interested in some of the cabinets. What are you asking for them?

Staar
Modern Master

Postby Staar » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:54 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”