Mid-century Modern BABY Nursery

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

SoMo
Modern Socialite

Postby SoMo » Thu May 24, 2007 9:48 am

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful little girls you all have - but I'm here to represent the boy MCM'ers.

I don't know why I can't figure out how to post a pic directly, (I'll have to work on that) but here's a link to a few pictures of John (7) and Max (almost 2).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8450638@N0 ... 9434/show/

Izzy
Modern Master

Postby Izzy » Thu May 24, 2007 1:05 pm

roxy500
Modern Master

Postby roxy500 » Fri May 25, 2007 8:29 pm

How the heck did you find time to move, create a new room and a secret play space with two kids under 3? Bravo!

Izzy
Modern Master

Postby Izzy » Sat May 26, 2007 2:21 pm

thanks, I have fortunately ended up with a super handy, inventive, productive husband.

roasten
Modern Groupie

Postby roasten » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:39 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd resurrect it as we're beginning the process of decorating our nursery. Our baby girl is due in March. She's our first. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm inclined to go with the Dwell Cowgirl crib set.

We bought this crib and changing table (not the large chest):

Does anyone have ideas for paint colors? Artwork? Area rugs? Drapes? Other rockers? Anything else?

Maybe people could post pics of their nurseries for inspiration or direct me to some good websites.

Many thanks!

badjuju77
Modern Groupie

Postby badjuju77 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:28 am

I was just checking out this thread too because we're expecting our 2nd daughter next March. Our daughter, Stella, who was born in March 06, didn't really get an MCM-style nursery, but just the least offensive stuff we could find. Modern kid's stuff has come a looong way in the past 3 years. Now that we are living in our dream MCM, we've got to step up the decorating. Rather than try to figure out how to post pictures on here, here is a post on my blog with pictures of Stella's nursery:
http://juliesdramas.blogspot.com/2008/1 ... dding.html

I tried to do some retro touches with the curtains, which I made and featured 20's women and cars and stuff, and the framed paper dolls wearing fashions from the 20's and 30's.

This time, though, we plan to go way more modern. We also loved the Dwell Cowgirl, but fell in love with a cool modern rocker that we're going to spend our money on this time. Plus, I don't use the bumper because I'm a little paranoid, so those sets are totally a waste of money. This is the fabric I bought at Hobby Lobby which I'm going to use for the crib skirt and curtains:
http://juliesdramas.blogspot.com/2008/11/agreement.html
Modern rocker at Babies R' Us: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=3162034

We go paint chip hunting tomorrow, but our plan is to paint the bottom half of the wall chocolate brown, then a pink stripe and then the top in another color, not sure which! We want to do murals and stuff from the motifs in the fabric.

-Julie[/img]

janelom
Modern Fan

Postby janelom » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:15 pm

We went with Ikea too to keep costs low and added Dwell Studio bedding from Target. Throw in a vintage buffet and in the end we splurged on the Luca Glider.

influx99
Modern Fan

here's a shot of our new girl's room

Postby influx99 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:25 am

We swiped some motifs from Charley Harper and painted this mural after projecting our design on the wall and penciling it in.

GoogieHowser
Modern Socialite

Postby GoogieHowser » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:07 pm

love it! great job!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible. But not simpler." -Einstein

Luka
Modern Master

Postby Luka » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:50 pm

Wow Influx, that's impressive!

synthetic space
Modern Master

Postby synthetic space » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:53 am

My wife and I have a son on the way, and so we just redid the nursery (moved our daughter, now six, to another room in the house). Here are some quick shots (colors are a bit washed out due to lighting):

The room includes painted supergraphics (the stripes), Blik wall decals (the numbers), Dwell Studio bedding, no-name crib, vintage Kartell storage units, Verner Panton light-up table, Flor carpet tiles, NurseryWorks changing table, vintage Kartell shelving, Ikea bed, and paintings by Mike Cargill and Diana Pink. It was the Dwell Studio fabric that inspired all of the color choices.

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:03 pm

Looking good Synthetic space! What a great room for small children to spend time in. Reminds me a bit of Tiziana and Hugh Hardy's nursery from 1968. Yours, though, is even bette.

Visit my Blog

kjansma
Modern Master

Postby kjansma » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:46 pm

To all of you with babies, I say enjoy it while you can. Before you know it your children will be old enough to draw crazy pictures and tape them all over their walls. And of course they will need to keep all their "special" toys on top of every available surface. The spare, beautifully appointed room will quickly look like an explosion of kid crap. Because, despite your best efforts to only buy tasteful toys, they will receive horrible plastic birthday gifts from school friends and you will have to find a place to keep the gooey alien making kit. I don't think a day goes by that I don't wish I had a basement so their bedrooms could remain lovely and tasteful.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”