Why I left Long Island

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tikiyaki
Special Secret Modern Agent

Why I left Long Island

Postby tikiyaki » Sat May 13, 2006 7:15 am

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SDR » Sat May 13, 2006 8:15 pm

How disappointing. . .

Anyway, welcome to California ! (I know, you're not a newcomer -- but welcome anyway.)

SDR :cheers:
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

robbhouston

Postby robbhouston » Sun May 14, 2006 5:18 am

http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

robbhouston

Postby robbhouston » Sun May 14, 2006 6:54 am

http://www.nashvillemodern.com

A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Sun May 14, 2006 9:36 am

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Sun May 14, 2006 10:00 am

"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

ch

Postby ch » Sun May 14, 2006 1:18 pm

CapitalMod
Modern Master

Postby CapitalMod » Mon May 15, 2006 7:19 am

I agree with you Craig. This kind of 'thinking' is hardly unique to Long Island.

My earliest memories are of living on LI. In fact they mention my old town, Port Jefferson, in the article. Long Island, being just that, an Island, is largely defined by its access to shoreline, both the Atlantic and the LI Sound. One might think MCM would fit in well there.

On the other hand, the further you travel away from the City and the deeper into Suffolk County you go, the more the terrain resembles New England. Indeed, Port Jefferson was a whaling and boatbuilding village back in the day so looks more like Mystic Seaport. Perhaps that might explain why people there are looking for something more traditional.

Still, I'd snap that house up in a second.

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Mon May 15, 2006 10:42 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”