Made-over Mid Century house...not sure what I think

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Usonian
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Made-over Mid Century house...not sure what I think

Postby Usonian » Fri May 09, 2003 5:55 am

I saw this real estate listing come up the other day, and waited anxiously for the pictures...I saw this house when it was last for sale a few years ago, and it was an exceptional time capsule of the era!

I was surprised to discover that the owners who are now selling it did an extensive interior remodel. As one could guess by my user name, I'm a huge aficionado of all things Wrightian. However, I'm not sure what I think of the high-style Prairie remodeling of a 1950's house.

Take a look at the photos on the listing site: http://www.yourmlssearch.com/detail.que ... enu=detail , and I'm iinterested in hearing the opinions of other Modernists!

morbank
Modern Master

Postby morbank » Fri May 09, 2003 3:42 pm

I'm always a fan of restoration as opposed to renovation/remodeling. But as an owner of a home, I like to know that it's my freedom to do whatever i want to it, even if it might be the wrong idea to others. They don't have to live in the house; I do!

scottkaycee
Modern Master

Prarie Style

Postby scottkaycee » Fri May 09, 2003 10:31 pm

JAB
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby JAB » Sat May 10, 2003 7:17 am

scottkaycee
Modern Master

Bungalow Wood

Postby scottkaycee » Sat May 10, 2003 9:17 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”