LB Cliff May owners - please won't you be our neighbors?

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

mr. and mrs. meow
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

LB Cliff May owners - please won't you be our neighbors?

Postby mr. and mrs. meow » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:29 pm

We're new to the neighborhood (stone facade house on Kallin) and would love to see what you all have done with your places! If any of you are willing to let us in so we can ooh and ahh, please message us or reply. It would really be helpful to us to see some end results as we begin work on our CM. Thanks so much.

(ps-we don't actually inhabit the place yet)

BOXOUTBM
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby BOXOUTBM » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:41 am

lasquirrel
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

hey new neighbors!

Postby lasquirrel » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:48 pm

fyi we are trying to get a committe to rally the neighborhood into being historic. Let me know if you're interested! Sheryl (3021 shipway) we just moved in too!! we got a LOT of work to do!!!
Sheryl

jazz-n-cocktails
Modern Socialite

Re: hey new neighbors!

Postby jazz-n-cocktails » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:26 am

BOXOUTBM

Re: hey new neighbors!

Postby BOXOUTBM » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:38 am

BOXOUTBM

Postby BOXOUTBM » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:39 am

mr. and mrs. meow
Modern Socialite

Postby mr. and mrs. meow » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:04 pm

supertak
Modern Groupie

Welcome

Postby supertak » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:27 pm

Hi neighbor!

My wife and I bought the house about 2 and half years ago, our house is located about a mid section of Kallin Ave. Not much of renovation has taken place, yet... sorry not much to show you guys.

Ken

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:31 pm

I'm not in Long Beach...but I am in a Tustin Cliff May (only about 25 minutes away). You're certainly welcome to stop by down here.
Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

BOXOUTBM

Postby BOXOUTBM » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:18 am

Just read a great Article on the Eichler Network about the Long BEach Ranchos. Can't wait to receive CA Modern Magazine.

vlopez
Modern Socialite

Postby vlopez » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:10 am

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:52 am

BOXOUTBM

Postby BOXOUTBM » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:20 pm

mr. and mrs. meow
Modern Socialite

Re: Welcome

Postby mr. and mrs. meow » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:58 pm

BOXOUTBM

Postby BOXOUTBM » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:04 pm

hi Rachel and Ephraim

Sent you a PM. My Wife an I will be passing out Candy with her Twin. We will be sitting out front enjoying the festivites from about 6:30pm on. First Halloween at this house and we haven't had Trick or Treaters in a Long time, since we previously lived in a High Rise Downtown.

Staar
Modern Master

Postby Staar » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:10 pm

supertak
Modern Groupie

Re: Welcome

Postby supertak » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:41 pm

vlopez
Modern Socialite

Cliff May lecture / tour

Postby vlopez » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:07 pm

Just thought that I'd share this link again. I know a few of you saw it in another forum, but there's a Cliff May lecture and tour being sponsored by the Friends of the Gamble House. Here's the link for info.

lasquirrel
Modern Master

hey all...

Postby lasquirrel » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:50 pm

My husband and I are in for the progressive dinner tour. Our house has original kitchen, bath (ugh) and in desperate need of work- you all keep your fingers crossed we sell our other house and then look out here we come remodeling!
Sheryl
Sheryl

vlopez
Modern Socialite

Postby vlopez » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:11 am

It's definitely a great idea. Maybe we can get an idea of who's interested and set up a starting point and time and work out map . We can all "stroll" the Ranchos together, and have appetizers and drinks along the way! Count me in. My kitchen's just about done!

BOXOUTBM

Postby BOXOUTBM » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:36 pm

BOXOUTBM

Re: Cliff May lecture / tour

Postby BOXOUTBM » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:38 pm

KateT(CA)
Modern Master

Re: Cliff May lecture / tour

Postby KateT(CA) » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:05 am

Best regards,
Kate at Studio 85

Sienna

Postby Sienna » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:13 am

lasquirrel
Modern Master

tour of house March 24

Postby lasquirrel » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:49 pm

Is anyone going to do the tour of the house on March 24th or just the lecture?

Sheryl (proud cliff may owner)

Hey, we all talk about getting together why don't we just set a date and head over the the famous El Dorado Club????
Sheryl

Stephen
Modern Guru

Re: tour of house March 24

Postby Stephen » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:25 pm

Stephen Meade

SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749

Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect

http://www.OCModHomes.com

http://www.CliffMaySocal.com

and

Cliff May Homeowner

lasquirrel
Modern Master

HELP w/ house remodel

Postby lasquirrel » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:27 pm

Ok neighbors in the LB we finally sold our 2nd house and are looking to get reputable numbers for the following jobs???
1. house painter
2. pool digger outter and restoration
3. ac installer
4. kitchen remodeler
5. slider windows and original doors to put in place of the "FRENCH DOORS??" that were installed
6. donald trump's number to loan me some cash!

Seriously though any and all help greatly appreciated!

Sheryl

ps. taking suggestions on house colors - I love the avocadoish color????
Sheryl

vlopez
Modern Socialite

Remodel

Postby vlopez » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:12 pm

I just finished my front room redo. Here's a link to pictures where you can see the process. It was a lot of money, but it's beautiful. I had custom sliders made to match the original windows, custom cabinets, the works. My cabinet guy, Joe Estrada, works out of Cypress, so he's local. Does great work and contracted all the other work for me- paint, tile, plumbing. It took about 3 and a half months.

ImageI

I also had my pool redone about 3 years ago. I am very happy with the work and Art (the owner of the company) was very reliable and finished the job in a timely manner.
Let me know if you'd like to come by and take a look.

Val
Last edited by vlopez on Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lasquirrel
Modern Master

WOW!

Postby lasquirrel » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:44 am

Sheryl

lasquirrel
Modern Master

local kitchen designers

Postby lasquirrel » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:41 pm

We are looking for someone who will design our kitchen, not be there to supervise the installation OR help us pick out cabinets but someone who will help us use the space best! The one person who I thought we were going to use hasn't called me back :x soooo we are just looking for a creative type who can help us!!!!! neighbors??? help!!!!
Sheryl

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”