LB Cliff May owners - please won't you be our neighbors?

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

BOXOUTBM
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby BOXOUTBM » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:10 pm

When planning our Kitchen we looked at as many homes as we could (open Houses, asking neighbors who I thought may have done a nice Job, Atomic Ranch, CA-MODERN, etc). After Researching and spending many evenings with tape measure and graph paper, we came up with our own plan that served our needs while maintaining the intergrity of the home.

Oh, Are you going with Custom cabinets or Modular Cabinets such as IKEA?

Stephen
Modern Guru

Re: local kitchen designers

Postby Stephen » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:36 pm

Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

lasquirrel
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thanks alot!

Postby lasquirrel » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:26 pm

Thank you to all of you - we got ahold of our kitchen designer and we will go from there!!! Have any of you worked w/ David Galindo, if so what were your thoughts?? Please email me privately! Thanks!!!
Sheryl

Stephen
Modern Guru

Re: Thanks alot!

Postby Stephen » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:32 pm

Stephen Meade

and

Cliff May Homeowner

BOXOUTBM

Postby BOXOUTBM » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:09 pm

S'Wonderful
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby S'Wonderful » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:32 am

Hi Rancho neighbors! Just re-discovered this thread. Everyone seems to like the idea, but we've never followed through. Should we just set a date and go for it? Maybe a progressive cocktail party -- munchies and drinks at everyone's house. We can stay at each place for half and hour or so, then move on to the next. If we get a list of people who are interested, we can start at one end of the Ranchos and progressively move toward the other. Maybe a Saturday in April or May? What do you think? :cheers:
Sandi
Life is good!

BOXOUTBM

Postby BOXOUTBM » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:20 pm

Sounds perfect. My wife and I are definately in. April is achallenging as we ar eout of town many of the weekends. I vote for May 19th or 26th. plenty of time to get out invites, plan the progressive etc.

mr. and mrs. meow
Modern Socialite

Postby mr. and mrs. meow » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:15 pm

sounds fun. we're in. just our two cents on the date - 5/19 works best for us.
it's good. ...for now.

S'Wonderful
Modern Socialite

Postby S'Wonderful » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:07 am

Glad you guys are interested! Hopefully this won't sound too flaky, but since we're looking at late May, how do you feel about June? I told my husband about the note I had posted, and he reminded me that our yard will basically be a dirt pit for the next couple of months (starting next week, we're having our pool and deck/patio completely re-done). I hadn't forgotten about the work, of course, but may have minimized the mess in my mind -- wishful thinking! At any rate, if May is better for everyone, we're in on the tour, but possibly won't be able to host, depending upon where we are in the construction project. Randy is doing the work and recommended the pool company, so we're expecting it to turn out great! :)
Let me know what you think about the dates. Thanks!
Life is good!

BOXOUTBM

Postby BOXOUTBM » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:21 am

Excellent I am glad Randy is doing the work for you. As you knwo he will do a great job. I need to call him to look at my Sideyard. The previous owner put down Flagstone, and while I like the look I need to have it re-done with Concrete pavers (Same as our Driveway). The flagstone is difficult to maintain the Extra Clean unused look that I like.

We may also be in a bit of a mess ourselves in May, as we plan on re-doing the Master Bath and carpeting in the rooms. Maybe we could all meet up one Friday or Saturday at the Eldorado Restaruant for a Happy Hour. At that time discuss when a Tour/Progressive would be good. It would be nice to get as many houses involved as possible (Finished and un-finished)

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:35 am

Stephen Meade

and

Cliff May Homeowner

BOXOUTBM

Postby BOXOUTBM » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:47 am

S'Wonderful
Modern Socialite

Postby S'Wonderful » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:53 am

Life is good!

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:03 am

Stephen Meade

and

Cliff May Homeowner

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:15 am

BOXOUTBM

Postby BOXOUTBM » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:23 am

BOXOUTBM

Postby BOXOUTBM » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:29 am

S'Wonderful
Modern Socialite

Postby S'Wonderful » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:49 am

Stephen -- Too true about buying a new house (I haven't figured out how to copy the quote yet -- working on it!). We're trying to avoid that this time around - we love our Rancho!

Egads -- Yes, Randy is quite busy, but well worth the wait. Once he starts your project, he will be there consistently until it is finished.

Danny -- We can do any Friday but April 6th or13th (we'll be out of town for one, birthday for other). How about the 20th or 27th? As far as the dog run goes, Randy did a sort of Zen path for us in back (similar to your driveway, but with wider spaces in between), and our dog loves it. Unfortunately, she also tends to chew on the bamboo that borders it, which then makes her sick. She's cute, but not always bright! :wink:

Sandi
Life is good!

jazz-n-cocktails
Modern Socialite

Re: HELP w/ house remodel

Postby jazz-n-cocktails » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:47 pm

jazz-n-cocktails
Modern Socialite

Postby jazz-n-cocktails » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:12 pm

mr. and mrs. meow
Modern Socialite

Postby mr. and mrs. meow » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:35 pm

we are in for happy hour at the el dorado. just say when.
also, i do receive the monthly menu from the restaurant, as it seems the previous occupant of our house was a regular there, so i'll be sure to update this post with it for any of you who are interested :D

i know we're still in the planning stages of our progressive event, but i was thinking it would be super cool to do a google maps mash up, a la yelp or zillow. the mr. is a web developer and can make it so we can post photos from each house visited as we go along. that way, all of LL can virtually experience our progressive event! just something we can keep in mind.
it's good. ...for now.

vlopez
Modern Socialite

El Dorado

Postby vlopez » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:55 am

Last edited by vlopez on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cupcake
Modern Groupie

Postby cupcake » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:48 am

S'Wonderful
Modern Socialite

Postby S'Wonderful » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:25 pm

Life is good!

BOXOUTBM

Postby BOXOUTBM » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:54 pm

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:01 pm

Stephen Meade

and

Cliff May Homeowner

S'Wonderful
Modern Socialite

Postby S'Wonderful » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:06 pm

Life is good!

BOXOUTBM

Postby BOXOUTBM » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:08 pm

S'Wonderful
Modern Socialite

Postby S'Wonderful » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:20 pm

Life is good!

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:27 pm

Stephen Meade

and

Cliff May Homeowner

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”