Bathroom remodel on the cheap!

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
momp57
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby momp57 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:40 am

We survived our first DIY bathroom remodel just in time for our Halloween party. Just a little touch up, cabinet painting and hardware and trim left.......and still under $500.

The first two pics are before shots just after we took down the shower doors.

Lots of horrible floral wallpaper

After the blood, sweat and tears!

Mod Diva
Modern Socialite

Postby Mod Diva » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:09 pm

LaurelB
Modern Fan

Postby LaurelB » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:26 pm

momp57
Modern Socialite

: )

Postby momp57 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:01 pm

dentedvw
Modern Socialite

Postby dentedvw » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:58 pm

Wow, really looks terrific. I loathe our bath tile every time I go in. It seems that the PO didn't even try to get them straight, plum, or even set in evenly deep. It's a real mess. The only reason I leave it up is that none of it has fallen out yet, but I give it less than a year.
:P

I hope ours turns out as nice as yours, and we LOVE browsing the habitat store here. So many nice finds, but you have to go often.
I can only give you what I think you said you thought you wanted.

momp57
Modern Socialite

Postby momp57 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:53 pm

Thanks dentedvw. We'd hated this bathroom since we moved in, but never had the time, money or energy to tackle it. Finding such a deal on the tile at Habitat was our catalyst. We make a pretty regular trek to our Habitat store. It's right across the street from a Waffle House so it makes for a great Saturday morning ritual.

KateT(CA)
Modern Master

Postby KateT(CA) » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:51 pm

May I just say - WOW!!!!

That is one gorgeous job you did - fab bath!
Best regards,
Kate at Studio 85

momp57
Modern Socialite

Postby momp57 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:19 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”