Realtor Rant

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

MD²
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby MD² » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:53 am

sdmod
Modern Master

Postby sdmod » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:29 pm

Was it Lautner or Wright that provided the inspiration (mix) for the tile roof?....it almost looks like they are blue tile?

This is exactly the type of listing that I was thinking about when I posted this thread. I understand the need to communicate an aesthetic but isnt there a more honest way to do it.

This house was clearly designed...who was he/her? Tell us about their work....dont rely on architectural half truths to sell multi million dollar homes.

kjansma
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kjansma » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:34 pm

Ugh. I hate the way the paintings are hung in that one! If you want to display artwork, get a house that allows you to do it or figure something else out. Hanging paintings twelve feet in the air is awful.

Perks
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby Perks » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:40 pm

AUGH!!!!! Okay, I have to get this off my chest.

I visited three open houses in Corbin Palms today. Not a single one of the agents there had ANY clue that the neighborhood had some sort of historical significance.

One of the houses had been so painstakingly gutted and remuddled from the inside out that I wanted to wait til the owners came by so I could slap them. Not a single clerestory window was left. The agent was quite proud about how the owner had brought the house forward into the 21st century (except, oddly enough, for the bad 1980's kitchen redo).

At the one house that was in somewhat original (though well-maintained) shape, the agent was actually apologetic about it but noted how much potential there was for someone who wanted to come in and "update" the place.

What is wrong with these people???
Andy Perkins, Broker/Owner

BOXOUTBM

Postby BOXOUTBM » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:02 am

Just saw this listed.

"Compare to Rancho Cliff May homes." , Huh??

http://duaneanddebra.com/
MLS#: S502935

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:59 am

AlcoaMCM
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby AlcoaMCM » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:52 pm

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:40 pm

Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

johnnyapollo

Postby johnnyapollo » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:46 am

Granite counter tops have become my pet peeve of late - I used to like the look as it really dresses up a traditional home (but really didn't like them functionally - ever dropped something on one?) - but now I see them in everything and they just appear dated to me. But still, when you see DYI type programs they are always putting in granite. It simply doesn't belong in many homes, in my opinion. Now I've seen some neat effects using rough-edged thick slabs - but that doesn't work in most homes either.

-- John
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
Philip K. Dick

Desperately Seeking Modern
http://modernseeker.blogspot.com

5280mod
Modern Socialite

Postby 5280mod » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:33 pm

I am so over black granite counters with maple cabinets!

They are the modern equivalent of 70's harvest gold formica counters and dark brown cabinets.

One of my clients with a distaste for granite said, "Bleh, it looks like someone puked on the counter!"

(And don't even get me started on pedestal sinks!)
Shannon Stanbro
720.279.4884 Cell
877.713.1110 Toll Free
www.5280mod.com

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:51 pm

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:42 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”