Bean-e-doo: where can I buy it?

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kjansma
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bean-e-doo: where can I buy it?

Postby kjansma » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:14 pm

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:06 pm

I have about 2.5 gallons I didn't use. I'm in the Long Beach Ranchos. Want it? Or some? Sheet vinyl is a difficult task. There were two layers in the kitchen here and that took longer than the rest of the house. (that was in old tiles) I used a floor scraper that takes the replaceable blades. Heat worked the best. I used a little space heater and a heating pad. The Bean-e-do only helped when I removed strips and "painted " some on the gaps. And let it sit reapplying every few hours. But the Bean-e-do cleans up the mastic almost well enough to have a plain concrete floor. [/i]

vlopez
Modern Socialite

Postby vlopez » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:22 pm

egads,
if kjansma doesn't want it- I'll take it. I have a bedroom floor to conquer! How much do you think I'll need to do one of the small bedrooms?

Val

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:48 pm

I used between 2-3 gallons for my entire 13XX sq ft house. PM me for personal contact info.

kjansma
Modern Master

Postby kjansma » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:10 pm

Thanks for the advice and the offer egads. If Val wants it, please feel free to take it. It sounds like I have some work ahead of me before I need to worry about the mastic. I've got bathroom cabinets to tear out as well, and now possibly a wall that needs new sheetrock. Turns out the wall wasn't primed before the velvet wallpaper was put up. Then some fabulous shiny, floral was applied directly over that. I like the painting, tiling, cabinet installing part of renovation, but I'm not a big fan of the tearing-out and prepping part!

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:16 pm

vlopez just PMed me about using some. I suggested he/she take the whole thing, use what they need and then return the rest to me so I will have it when you are ready. PM me when you are ready. I go out behind the Orange curtain almost daily. We might be able to meet and save yourself a trip to Long Beach.

kjansma
Modern Master

Postby kjansma » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:54 pm

That sounds great. Otherwise I can take the kids up to the aquarium, where they beg to go almost daily, and swing by.
Lotta Livin' is a friendly place indeed!

travelteam
Modern Socialite

Postby travelteam » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:41 am

kjansma
Modern Master

Postby kjansma » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:45 am

I went ahead and ordered a gallon directly from Franmar because I also wanted to try their degreaser. (To use not just for cleaning up the Bean-e-doo residue, but also for the greasy spots on the garage floor from my husband's old BMW 2002). The black mastic on our floor wasn't all that thick, but the Bean-e-doo did a great job. Then I threw down some red absorbent stuff I bought at HD (which is oil-based, too) and swept it up. I mopped up with the degreaser (it's called Emerge) and then mopped with clean water. It worked great. I'm now a huge fan of Franmar. It was especially important to not have some crazy toxic odors because the bathroom only has an exhaust fan, no window, and is across the hall from my two year old's bedroom. I put down the Hakatai tile last night. The tiles are mesh-backed and stay pretty square, unlike the porcelin mosaic tile I put down in the other bathroom, which wiggled all over the place. So, thank you again, Lotta Living, for making my life easier.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”