Hi - New poster with some pics of her mcm!

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
amyphee
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hi - New poster with some pics of her mcm!

Postby amyphee » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:49 pm

Here's the outside of my house. We need to do landscaping to the front. Any ideas?

This is the foyer, the entryway thingy...that's black concrete by the way.

This is the den. We watch movies in here with a projector and screen.

These are the living room and Ruby!

This is the breezeway.

These are the new patio and wall.

Image[/img]
Masterbedroom and bathroom. There's a shower in there too. This bathroom is blue, the other is pink...cute.

Hallway.

Kitchen.

Dining room views.

Pink Bathroom and Vanity.

Anyway, hope you like it and I am glad to be here and I think it's a great site.

64Cat
Modern Socialite

Postby 64Cat » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:15 pm

Nice house. The patio with the decrotive blocks is nice. I really like the front door. I've been trying to track one down here in the twin cities. Have been tempted to see if I could buy one from a couple of houses.

karl

http://homepage.mac.com/kmadcharo/PhotoAlbum2.html

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:44 pm

Great house ! The concrete floors suggest in-floor radiant heat ?

Who added the slender "roof supports" at the front, do you suppose ? I love those deep overhangs; they really don't need the extra "help", I expect. :wink: Beautiful windows, yummy den w/ stone fireplace, etc. I'm envious.

Thanks for showing us this gem, and welcome ! SDR
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

amyphee
Modern Groupie

Postby amyphee » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:42 pm

Hmmm, don't know who added the supports as they were there. I think they look kinda atomic space agey!

So you think they are just for looks? I know also that mcm houses shouldn't really have shutters...wonder would it would look like if we took them off?

Thanks for the compliments.

phelander
Modern Groupie

Postby phelander » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:31 am

Well, I LOVE it...of course, I am biased....:)

spaceman1961
Modern Fan

Great house!

Postby spaceman1961 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:43 am

Hello - and welcome! You have a great house. My only suggestion is that you paint the downspout near the front door a darker color to blend in with the wall...the white detracts from the great front door and roof supports.
Enjoy your new home!

phelander
Modern Groupie

Postby phelander » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:35 am

Great idea! I would have never thought of that. That's why I like coming here.

johnnyapollo
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby johnnyapollo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:47 am

I'm a huge fan of screen block - your patio is awesome!

-- John
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
Philip K. Dick

Desperately Seeking Modern
http://modernseeker.blogspot.com

STLModern
Modern Master

Postby STLModern » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:07 pm

phelander
Modern Groupie

Postby phelander » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:04 am

phelander
Modern Groupie

Postby phelander » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:06 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”