Patio/pool furniture

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lasquirrel
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Patio/pool furniture

Postby lasquirrel » Tue May 22, 2007 7:32 pm

Hey all! We're looking for patio furniture for our backyard pool area. The pool is original kidney shaped but we made it more modern - very concrete looking. We don't want to spend a lot of $$$ since we already did that with the pool. We like the rubber tubing (by Telescope) wrapped chairs but they don't make them anymore. We saw some at Ikea but they weren't the right thing. We're open to suggestions for reasonably priced pool furniture. Bueller... Bueller...
Gracias in advance!
Sheryl

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Wed May 23, 2007 5:28 am

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Ca ... oduct.html
overstock still has some ok stuff. gotta sift through the uglies.
still a bit over my budget, but is the shipping only 3 dollars? they had a nice table last year. don't see it.

synthetic space
Modern Master

Postby synthetic space » Wed May 23, 2007 7:09 am

I like the new metal series of chairs, tables, and loungers from West Elm. The pieces are modern-looking and priced fairly reasonably (in contrast to, say, the Richard Schultz series that I've always loved).

Luka
Modern Master

Postby Luka » Wed May 23, 2007 7:41 am

Just saw this set that has a nice flashback feel to it:

Miguel
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Miguel » Wed May 23, 2007 8:02 am

One of my affordable favorites is still the Ikea acacia lounging chair APPLARO. Straight-forward and simple:
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... r=60063508

Connie
Modern Master

Postby Connie » Wed May 23, 2007 9:34 am

I think these here are quite cool:

http://thefurnituredomain.com/chr-tea-x.html

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Wed May 23, 2007 10:01 am

This is a regular topic and this prior thread included several sources, including online ones

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Wed May 23, 2007 10:44 am

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dl ... category0=

i have four solair chairs i picked up at a yard sale a few years back
for a dollar. love them, but are they really worth that?
(left them out in the snow all winter, oops) darn, do i have to be nice to yet
another chair?

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Wed May 23, 2007 10:54 am

Not really affordable, but I like this picture of the Richard Schultz outdoor furniture!

"Better Living Through Modernism"

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Wed May 23, 2007 11:07 am

there's furniture in that picture? :wink:

lasquirrel
Modern Master

thanks!

Postby lasquirrel » Wed May 23, 2007 11:11 am

For some reason when I searched it I got a whole list of non related things. I think I need to learn to search properly!! Thanks all for the helpful suggestions!
Sheryl

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Wed May 23, 2007 11:17 am

i also tried to use the search, remembering the patio post from last year.
i was going to post it to help out. tried various combinations of subject,
and got streams of unrelated hits. so what's the trick?

Izzy
Modern Master

Postby Izzy » Wed May 23, 2007 12:03 pm

We've been looking for pool furniture too. I like the Ikea ones listed here , the lounger. I was at Target yesterday and saw some basic loungers for 50 dollars. They are black metal frame with a tightly woven meshy tan color seat. I thought I could dress them up with some funky outdoor pillows. I did get a cool outdoor rug made from recycled plastic bottles. Its a pretty good deal and it looks like it will take a beating. Maybe scatter some by the pool?
http://www.goodcommonsense.net/yese.html

thats the link for the rug
Theres always Design within Reach but it never seems to be within my reach!

lasquirrel
Modern Master

fabulous

Postby lasquirrel » Wed May 23, 2007 6:34 pm

Sheryl

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Wed May 23, 2007 7:48 pm

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Wed May 23, 2007 7:50 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”