MCM Renovation in Ann Arbor

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jamal
Modern Socialite

MCM Renovation in Ann Arbor

Postby Jamal » Sun May 27, 2007 3:27 pm

I thought everyone might want to see a short writeup on a MCM renovation 3 houses down the street from us...

http://blog.pentagram.com/archives/2007 ... ouse_1.php

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SDR » Sun May 27, 2007 4:11 pm

That's really beautiful.

I just wonder about that "public-sized" master bath, though. . .or maybe it's the photography ? Do people practice their dancing in the bathroom now, or hold yoga classes ? :)

SDR
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

Tony
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Tony » Mon May 28, 2007 6:57 am

SDR,

Those "public sized" baths are quite common in L.A. I call them party baths.

Isn't that a nice house! Thanks for posting that Jamal. Wish I had been interested in architecture when I lived in Ann Arbor. Great town that.

Tony
Tony Merchell

Architectural Photographer
www.glassandsteel.com

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Mon May 28, 2007 8:05 am

Jamal is back in the house!

Thanks for that heads up! I did manage to see that article last month in Metropolitan Home. It is a beautiful house and great for your neighborhood.

I did browse around and found these two interesting links to two slide shows at the Met Home site. They are worth the time it takes to browse through them.

http://www.methome.com/gallery.aspx?sec ... lery_id=42

http://md25.methome.com/gallery/

googieagog
Modern Master

Postby googieagog » Mon May 28, 2007 9:43 am

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Wed May 30, 2007 2:28 pm

modest? my thought as well.
but brilliant use of a lovely piece of land. chock full of personality.
what a delightful place to live.
see what a chubby wallet can do?
save and restore a gem instead of tear it down and build a grand staircase.
the bathroom seems like a different home. whats the word for nude-phobia? i would develop that for sure.
that may be the original cork near the living room. looks like mine. a gentle, uneven fading. develops a nice patina.

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Wed May 30, 2007 3:37 pm

The variegated color of the cork tile may well be the original specification; many of the installations I am familiar with have this appearance. Nice stuff, isn't it -- one of those "natural" materials, like wood and stone and brick.

SDR
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Wed May 30, 2007 4:36 pm

There's room in the bath to set up a massage table. Now who wouldn't want that once a week if you could afford it? "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers is starving to death, you have live, live, live!" (from Auntie Mame)

spinsLPs
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby spinsLPs » Thu May 31, 2007 9:31 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”