Help with hardware

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dilettante
Most Illustrious Grand Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help with hardware

Postby dilettante » Thu May 31, 2007 2:15 pm

I would appreciate help from some of the forum's hardware experts. I am looking for door handles and cabinet pulls that are exact duplicates of those pictured below. This hardware is from a usonian designed in 1951 and built in 1952. The door knobs are Schlage, I believe from the Orbit series, though unlike the standard Orbit, these have inverted sections front and back. The cabinet pulls are of solid brass and duplicate the style and feeling of the door handles.

If anyone can tell me where I can find this Schlage model, I'd be very thankful. As to the cabinet pulls, while I may have these chemically renewed, I'd sure appreciate knowing the manufacturer and model.

Thanks!

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Thu May 31, 2007 4:22 pm

They dont seem to have this exact model on their site, but you might want to try calling the good folks at Liz's Antique Hardware.

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Thu May 31, 2007 7:56 pm

Good for you for respecting the architect's wishes. . . :cheers:

SDR
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

Luka
Modern Master

Postby Luka » Thu May 31, 2007 8:16 pm

Echoing the Liz's Hardware suggestion, I'm fairly certain I've seen those in their store and they do a matching service (as well as ship nationwide).

dilettante

Postby dilettante » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:14 am

googieagog
Modern Master

Postby googieagog » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:29 am

I have seen those same cabinet pulls in other usonians ... if you don't find them through Liz's, try posting this question where other Wright owners chat:

http://www.savewright.org/talk.html

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”