test results-cleaning aluminum

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

test results-cleaning aluminum

Postby rockland » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:30 am

armed with an arsenal of cleaning products, and a couple old emeco
chairs as victims, i found a couple of cleaners that work well. lights and
patio sliders have gaskets and rubber sealers, etc. so it was important
to use something non-toxic and gentle. biokleen soy cream cleaner worked well. but i really liked the astonish. especially for the gunk that
has built up. it is a dence paste and you don't need alot of it. tried making
my own, but need a punice. maybe 'rottenstone' powder found in most
hardware stores would give enough scrub power added to an oily soap as
a binder. anyone find another good safe cleaner?
here is the astonish link.
http://www.primetimesolutions.com/produ ... ASTONISH01

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:32 am

I have a great anodized aluminum (austin enterprises) chess set that needed a serious cleaning. I was concerned about the anodized finish coming off, so tried a few gentle non toxic cleaners. At the end of the day, I ended up using something, incredibly toxic (akin to paint paint stripper) that worked very well. Of the non-toxic products I tried, "bar keepers friend" powder (with a tooth brush) worked quite well.

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:42 am

barkeepers was in the line-up. the ingredient label was worn off. i should
photo the chairs in process. all the toxic stuff, i brought along with the
move. just want to dispose of it properly. may have to use up the
citri-strip on the emeco chairs. wow. scary how it took off the gunk.
just trying not to use the toxic stuff unless last resort. i certainly will
not buy any more of it, with all the good alternatives out there.

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:52 am

I doubt that barkeepers is a environmentally friendly product. I likely should not have used the words non-toxic. I simply meant that it doesn't eat through or melt rubbers and plastics. 8-)

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:09 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”