Kathy Griffin's house

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Kathy Griffin's house

Postby modfan » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:44 pm

I've watched her reality show and drove by her house (you can find it on Google Earth). Anyone know if it's got a provenance/who the architect was, is it a spec house built of recent times or any like details. One thing I noticed the house numbers look like they used Japanese/Chinese style fonts not something modern and it has a name WINGS (well it does kinda look like a plane). I think it's a really cool lookin house, and I'll bet she might be able to see the Lautner Malin (Chemosphere) house from it.

MD²
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby MD² » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:00 am

I hope she has some good binoculars

(click for larger image)

2955 Passmore Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90068
8,098 ft²
Built in 2003 / sold April 20th, 2004
4 Bedrooms & 5 Bathrooms

rockabilly
Modern Socialite

Postby rockabilly » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:39 pm

I just love zillow.com for things like this. it has close ups of the house and neighborhood trends. the house is vallued by zillow at 4.4million and has dropped $37,000 just in the last 30 days (can't imagine that!!).

sold for $108,000 in 1997 and for $2.8 million in 2004. not a bad profit there ;)

here is a close up photo (which you can rotate and see all four sides of the house) and some interesting info:

http://www.zillow.com./HomeDetails.htm?zprop=20045194
Geek with Style

grh122
Modern Master

Postby grh122 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:24 pm

I've found Zillow to be more of a novelty than anything. It's been pretty off with some properties in my experience. It is a cool toy, though...definitely fun.

aly star
Modern Socialite

Postby aly star » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:09 pm

Kathy's house is awfully nice for a D-lister!

Zillow is about as accurate as those little mylar fish you put on your hand and it curls to tell you your personality traits. :wink:
Aly Star
MidCentury Kitsch Realtor, Bridgetown Realty
aly-star.com
alyssa@bridgetownrealty.com

rockabilly
Modern Socialite

Postby rockabilly » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:26 pm

I guess I like it more for historical data, prior sale prices, property tax data, seeing what houses down the street sell for and for the close up photos from 4 angles. neighborhood trends are nice to give an idea of property values in the area. I agree the estimated value the homes can be pretty much a blind guess.
Geek with Style

aly star
Modern Socialite

Postby aly star » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:42 pm

Sure it's fun.

As a realtor it's more a pain rather than a help, just because we've proven it to be easily 15K off either way, often much more than that! Luckily usually under-valued. But it's hard to explain this to an adamant seller, or a "too good to be true deal" wanting buyer.

The big issues are that we pull comps from 1-6 mos, anything else is really out of date (market-valuewise) it'll pull from years ago and it also doesn't update accurately.

What's really laughable is that it has my house at 200K less than my neighbors. DUH. and the house three doors down is listed for 20K more than the Zillow price.

My house has had an additional bedroom for 4+ years now, since before I bought it, but does Zillow consider that? No, not until I manually changed it - which leads the question how accurate are the manually updated listings?? Is this a big issue for me? No. The county not knowing I have an extra bedroom means my taxes are laughable. Zillow being a joke equals job security. Go zillow go!
Aly Star

MidCentury Kitsch Realtor, Bridgetown Realty

aly-star.com

alyssa@bridgetownrealty.com

grh122
Modern Master

Postby grh122 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:05 pm

danny leisure
Modern Socialite

Postby danny leisure » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:39 am

Zillow valued our last house at $1.4 million.

We sold it for $134,000.

:roll:

Tony
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Tony » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:23 pm

Tony Merchell

Architectural Photographer
www.glassandsteel.com

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”