Hillsborough NC- PHOTOS of Dwell's NEXTHOUSE

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
post50modern
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hillsborough NC- PHOTOS of Dwell's NEXTHOUSE

Postby post50modern » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:50 pm

Hey Folks,

I went to the open house of the NEXTHOUSE model home today in NC. The house was absolutely gorgeous. A little TOO big for me but the entire home was well constructed (from what I could tell) and I would hope that this modern design pre-fab home, although expensive, will catch on and become the norm in new house building rather then the exception. Below is one photo and then a link to a BUNCH more!

Enjoy!

Post50Modern

rockabilly
Modern Socialite

Postby rockabilly » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:14 pm

Geek with Style

Connie
Modern Master

Postby Connie » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:01 am

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:50 pm

I love the door too. It's 8 grand in my size...... :(
There is also a company that has specialized in this sort of thing since the
1950s. Their bid was only about $8500. And they use all stainless steel hardware and have installed them extensively as opening window walls in homes. Google: "glass garage doors" I still want one, but I want A/C more.

BOXOUTBM
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby BOXOUTBM » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:22 pm

It is a Nice Looking door. A Home on Karen recently installed a version of it. I don't know if it would go with my house. I think it would make it too Modern. Plus my original door is in great shape.

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:46 pm

Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:49 pm

The house on Karen has a pair of 8 foot ones and the garaage is set at 90 degrees to the street. My house has an added two car garage that is extra wide. I really need the function of sectionalized roll up doors. Parking just so in order for the door to go up is a pita. I also like the idea of natural light. Especially if I move the washer & dryer out there. A custom sectionalized board & batten door would cost as much.

Considering this thread is now throughly hijacked, what ever happened with having A/C put in BOXOUTBM? (you can answer me in the thread you already had going....if you can find it)

BOXOUTBM
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby BOXOUTBM » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:55 am

fuegos100
Modern Fan

Postby fuegos100 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:51 pm

we have that clopay door (8x16) with anodized aluminum. got it w/o the glass and it was around 3k installed. I bought 1/4 inch polygal and cut and filled the voids myself ($200 and two days of sweat and frustration)
day
night

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”