Roofing Contractor in Denver

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rockabilly
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Roofing Contractor in Denver

Postby rockabilly » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:37 am

when I bought my house my realtor got a quote from Reitz Roofing to have my roof redone. over the last 5 weeks I've called six times and left messages with the receptionist as well as trying the direct voicemail for the guy who is supposed to do the repair. I have money in escrow for the repair from the seller as a part of my purchase. However, Reitz Roofing won't return my calls to come do the work.

I'm now shopping for another roofing contractor in Denver who can do the new flat roof. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Geek with Style

5280mod
Modern Socialite

Postby 5280mod » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:27 pm

I'm sorry to hear that...they are one of the companies I suggest (and was hoping to use soon)

With your particular roof, you might want to find a commercial roofing company. I'll ask around.
Shannon Stanbro
720.279.4884 Cell
877.713.1110 Toll Free
www.5280mod.com

rockabilly
Modern Socialite

Postby rockabilly » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:03 pm

Geek with Style

domus48
Modern Socialite

Postby domus48 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:40 pm

If they haven't called you by now, they won't.

As for commercial roofing: There may be issues with respect to warranties (i.e. restrictions) when attempting to utilize commercial roofing contractors for residential projects. Also there is often a question of scale as commercial operations are set-up for large projects. You may be able to find an operation that provides a commercial-like installation but you will have to shop around.

You'll have to do that anyway it is crucial you are comfortable with who you are working with -- especially when it comes to roofing. Finally, if you haven't already done so, be sure to educate yourself with roofing types and processes.

Words of caution: If there is any wood related work to be performed, solicit a separate bid from a carpenter as roofers are typically not well versed in proper means of wood repair, replacement, etc.

Good luck!

cavery
Modern Fan

Have You Considered A Foam Roof?

Postby cavery » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:40 pm

Have you thought of doing a foam roof? I'm in the process right now of getting a quote (I live in Nashville where flat roofed houses are rare). They are seamless and supposedly do not leak - also they reduce your heating/cooling bills due to the insulation.

I've heard nothing but good reports on these roofs. Please let me know if you have any info on them...

Good luck![/url]

danny leisure
Modern Socialite

Postby danny leisure » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:52 pm

I would suggest not limiting your search for a flat-roofer to the Denver area. Check LA and Palm Springs where these roofs (and their preservation) are more prevalent.

Do pay heed to domus48 in regard to wood... if there is damage to the wood beneath the roof, have a carpenter repair that before you unleash the roofers. I've seen many a roof covered before being properly repaired, and this always results in an untimely demise of a roof.

Also... get it done before October. No roof in Denver post September equals some crazy heating bills. :P

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”