ID request - Space-Age "ball" lamp

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AJ Fisher
Modern Master

ID request - Space-Age "ball" lamp

Postby AJ Fisher » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:46 pm

Hey all,

the lamp in question is shown below:

I found the image below on the internet. Mine is exactly like the table lamp pictured below, however mine clearly has orange balls instead of the black ones shown here (It's also missing the clear plastic base and any identifying stickers or marks).

I am trying to confirm the designer/manufacturer as well as approximate year of manufacture for this lamp.

The image here was listed on an auction house's website. No response to my email. Anyone out there have a lamp like this? Can anyone confirm the maker and what year this lamp may have been manufactured?

Thanks for any insight.

-AJ
Last edited by AJ Fisher on Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

podboy
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby podboy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:34 pm

Hi,
It appears to be very similar to a lamp I remember which was Italian circa 1970's.

alexforum
Modern Socialite

Postby alexforum » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:45 am

I'm sure I saw a post about this lamp on Designaddict.com a while back.

I think someone had it, but without the perspex base. I tried to search for the post, but couldn't find it. It was not more than one or two months ago, so if you have the time to go through the posts, you might find some info...

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”