Information on this design

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
atomicarmadillo
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Information on this design

Postby atomicarmadillo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:56 am

This design was used frequently "back in the day" for vinyl upholstery, and was featured for the end-flaps of the Atomic Ranch book. Any information on it would be appreciated - I'd like to replicate it for a dishwasher door panel in my kitchen, or purchase the design, etc. This scan is from the aforementioned book:

Thanks!
Atomic Armadillo

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:16 am

It's a classic Formica pattern known as Boomerang and apparently it's been reissued

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:02 pm

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:21 am

"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

atomicarmadillo
Modern Groupie

Postby atomicarmadillo » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:36 am

Atomic Armadillo

classic form
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby classic form » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:26 pm

Metlox did something similar...maybe this is what you are remembering SDR?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metlox-MOBILE-Atomi ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/METLOX-TWIN-VEGETAB ... dZViewItem

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:11 pm

Yes, that decoration is similar to the vinyl pattern atomicarmidillo is looking for -- and "filled in" in the same way, perhaps. The vinyl pattern was monochomatic, of course. I can still see the little parallel ridges of the portions of the "squiggle" that were textured (ie, "colored").

I've posted this on DesignAddict to see if anyone there can help.

SDR

Mr. Modtomic
Modern Socialite

Postby Mr. Modtomic » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:24 pm

I saw this vinyl on the seats of an early 50's Buick that was in a junk yard. Original? Don't know. Could this be a clue? Hope so!

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:15 pm

Hey -- we'll take any help we can get !

SDR :cheers:

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”