Womb chair re-do

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
n_l
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Womb chair re-do

Postby n_l » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:20 pm

Here's a quick picture of our newly reupholstered Saarinen womb chair

Sorry for the resolution - cell-phone camera pic.

The chair was originally purchased in 1960 by my father and lived through kids and cats, before being banished to my parents' basement. We had the chair was re-done in which is fairly close to the original (and no longer available) fabric.

The chair is destined to be the focal point of my wife's and my currently-in-the-middle-of-a-gut-rehab 1954 contemporary, and my folks were thrilled that the chair was brought back from the brink of destruction.

Designergenes
Modern Fan

Postby Designergenes » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:17 am

beautiful!
"Whoopin' ass and fussing over complementary color harmonies since 1968"

ARCmotiv
Modern Groupie

Postby ARCmotiv » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:35 am

The chair looks great!

I recently had a woman call to replace a womb chair from the 50s...I wonder if she knew it could be reupholstered so well. In the end, she opted for a medium size womb chair in chartreuse boucle. The medium and small sizes are new.

synthetic space
Modern Master

Postby synthetic space » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:08 am

ARCmotiv
Modern Groupie

Postby ARCmotiv » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:22 am

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”