Source for Cloth/Cotton Covered Wire for Hanging Lamps

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jesgord
Modern Master

Source for Cloth/Cotton Covered Wire for Hanging Lamps

Postby jesgord » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:06 am

Anybody know of an internet source for cotton/cloth covered wire. The type used on old pull down fixtures and poulsen and other "Danish Modern" lamps. Any tips would be appreciated

classic form
Special Secret Modern Agent
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby classic form » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:29 am

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:22 am

Classicform, this is not the wire I'm looking for. This wire is flat and was used as lamp cord for table lamps. The wire I'm looking for is round and was used for hanging lamps. (I think(

classic form

Postby classic form » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:24 am

I'll keep looking around my favorites...I'm sure I've got a link somewhere.

classic form

Postby classic form » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:31 am

http://www.grandbrass.com/catalog.cfm?c ... or%20Loose

page all the way down...what do you think, flat or round?

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:02 am

Hmm hard to tell. The brown looks the flat, the others maybe round. I'm going to give them a call and see what they say. I'm a bit dubious or its roundness, as it is also 18/2 gauge as was the first one. Will let you know what they have to say.

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:12 am

Jeez, getting those people on the phone is like trying to pull teeth. I hung up after 10 minutes on hold. I may just bite the bullet and order some and see if its the right stuff. Any other ideas of where to get this stuff or what its actually called would still be appreciated

Josquin
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Cloth Covered Wire

Postby Josquin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:43 pm

I saw this online for lamps: http://www.sundialwire.com/

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:25 pm

"Better Living Through Modernism"

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:38 pm

That's exactly the cord I'm looking for :D

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”